Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-13 23:29:49

**_Sreekanths22_**

Office Live Meeting Vs. Adobe Connect Pro

Hi

I want to convince my manager to move from Office Live Meeting to Adobe Connect Pro. Can somebody please provide me the comparison between the two?

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

#2 2008-07-13 23:47:39

**_monkst_**

Re: Office Live Meeting Vs. Adobe Connect Pro

I would like to know as well as I would like to prevent my company from going to Office Live Meeting as well but never used Office Live Meeting.

#3 2008-08-04 11:46:48

**_mark2741_**

My company used to have MS Live Meeting. It was okay, but nowhere near as good as Connect for virtual meetings or synchronous web training.

I personally think Connect sucks as an asynchronous elearning platform, but even still it's definitely better than Live Meeting for that.

But I suppose you're gonna need more than just anecdotal evidence from some user forum to convince your boss : )

#4 2008-08-27 12:25:45

**_roysdenc_**

At my company we use both Live Meeting and Connect.  Which we use depends more on why it is being used.  We use Connect more for Marketing as a recording tool in addition to live presentations once or twice a month.  One of the major advantages we have found with Connect is the VOIP, which I don't think LiveMeeting has (a different groupd deals with LiveMeeting, so I do not know that for sure).  With Connect, we usually have 1 or 2 people presenting, and do not let participants talk, so VOIP is great since they only need their computer.  Sometimes these people are next to eachother, and sometimes they are across the world from eachother, so the VOIP is handy.  Connect does also offer the option for using a phone which I have seen Adobe use, but we don't use it. 

Another thing is we have had a few hundred people in some of our live events, which I do not know that we can do with LiveMeeting, which is important for our marketing side of things for obvious reason.  It is mainly our sales people and internal presentations with different offices that use Livemeeting from what I know.  I know this isn't much of a comparison, but these are important for us.  Ultimately I think both have their best fits, so it becomes more of an issues as to what to pay for.  If it helps, I do not know of anything that is done with LiveMeeting at my work that couldn't be done with Connect.

I did find this site that compares different tools.  I have seen a better comparison before but couldn't find it.

http://www.onlinemeetingreviews.com/reviews/

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have questions about how we use Connect.

-Chris

#5 2008-09-03 10:52:07

**_jameslloyd_**

I've been webcasting with Connect for 3 years, but another division our company is installed MS RoundTable suites and I hope to see one demoed soon.  It sounds like a nice small meeting tool, but I have zero impression of performance and attendee capacity.  I don't expect MS can scale up to the level of the Connect Seminar room, but I did hear of licensing from MS for 'thousands' of attendees.  I don't think the book it closed on Live Meeting yet.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-09-03 10:56:57)

Board footer