Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-10-13 15:02:26

jcessna

Extreme Latency in Breakout Rooms & Unable to Share Documents

Hello all,

We have a weekly meeting of ~90 people in a Seminar Room (AC vr 9.)
At the end of the meeting we tried breaking into 20 breakout rooms of 4-5 people each. The lag completely broke the system. I opened Quicktime and recorded my screen. You can see me clicking people’s names, trying to close messages, and even trying to open the Meeting dropdown to no avail. At ~3:20 you can see me try to click Meeting, which doesn’t activate until 3:40.

Video: http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/tytf7

Originally we had 10 breakout rooms with ~9 each. The lag was bad here (5-10 second response times, ending breakouts took ~30-60 seconds for the UI to refresh, etc.) We changed to 20 breakout rooms with ~5 each and experienced the same lag. We ran the 20 rooms and the lag made Connect unusable. I’d type a reply to someone’s message and it would take 2-3 minutes for the text to slowly appear on the screen. We weren’t able to end the breakouts. Finally I ended the meeting to let everyone know it was over because we couldn’t broadcast a message. Just clicking Meeting-->End Meeting took about 5 minutes.

We make sure all our users are:
1) on wired connections, no wifi
2) using firefox
3) on fairly new computers

Secondly, we were unable to upload any documents to the share pods. We tried: 3 file formats (pptx, ppt, pdf) on 3 different computers (2 windows, 1 mac) in 2 web browsers (chrome & firefox) and got the same error every time: "The Selected Document Could Not Be Retrieved.”

Any suggestions at this point would be a big help!

#2 2015-10-13 15:23:47

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Extreme Latency in Breakout Rooms & Unable to Share Documents

I would recommend you reach out to Adobe Support so they can help identify where the issue may lie. Since it was an issue with all users, I'd be inclined to say it wasn't anyone's internet connection causing the lag.

Are you using a hosted or licensed deployment of Adobe Connect?

#3 2015-10-14 18:15:37

jcessna

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

I would recommend you reach out to Adobe Support so they can help identify where the issue may lie. Since it was an issue with all users, I'd be inclined to say it wasn't anyone's internet connection causing the lag.

Are you using a hosted or licensed deployment of Adobe Connect?

We are using a Hosted license and our local admins referred us here. I figured I'd try the forums before chatting with Support.

#4 2015-10-21 11:12:24

Jorma_at_CoSo

Since Adobe manages the hosted environment, I'd not have any hesitation reaching out to them. They can look at the server logs and trouble shoot to identify what was causing the issue in their environment.

You can reach them at 800-945-9120 or http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/co … pport.html

Board footer