Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-14 14:17:57

**_Alan_**

Apple Issues

Greetings. Am about to host a highly visible meeting with PC and Mac users, all of whom will be using webcams.

Any issues to be aware of among Mac'ers as far as video pod, accesing camers, etc?

Tx

A

#2 2008-08-14 18:17:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Apple Issues

They may have to choose the USB camera option, even if they are using the built in camera. The selection of cameras on a MAC seems to be trial and error sometimes, but once you get the right one it is set and you don't have to find it again. This can be set up by each user through the following menu path: Meeting > Manage My Settings > Select Camera...

#3 2008-08-28 09:52:12

**_carolax_**

Re: Apple Issues

I've used a Mac to administer a Connect installation for the past four years with minimal problems. If the Mac has a built-in iSight camera, the user may have to go into iChat and uncheck the setting that links the camera with iChat (I'm not in front of a Mac right now and I can't remember the exact command, but I remember it being pretty obvious).

Otherwise, we've had very few problems with camera/mic selection on OS X Macs, certainly no worse than with Windows machines.

Board footer