Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-09-03 15:54:10

MRosenfield

Recording Meetings

I have been trying to record meetings for people who can't make them.  However, most of my participants do not have Adobe logins.  I have been saving FLV files.  1) I can't find how to access Flashplayer in order to see the FLV files on my own computer and 2) When I convert the FLV to MP4 files, often, but not always the mp4 files just pause part of the way through.

#2 2015-09-03 16:39:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Recording Meetings

You can just make the recordings publicly viewable (you can put a passcode on them if you want for some security). This would eliminate the need for converting the recordings to FLV, and ultimately to MP4.

If you want to have a 'video' version of the recording you can take the FLV version and either use a player that will play back FLV videos (VLC is a very commonly used player) or upload the FLV to the Content Library. When played back from the URL from Connect, it will have a player that shows it in a web browser.

Not sure what the issue is with the MP4. We'd have to investigate if the FLV or Meeting Recording behaved the same.

#3 2015-09-04 10:13:20

MRosenfield

How do I make the recordings publicly viewable.  That seems like the best solution.

#4 2015-09-04 13:20:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

Check the box next to the recording and then select the Access Type button. Change the setting to Public and then Save. After that is done anyone who accesses the recording URL should be able to view the recording, without having to provide a username and password.

Board footer