Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-09-03 15:50:13

MRosenfield

Muting

Is there a way for the Host to mute all participants at once?

#2 2015-09-03 16:36:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Muting

Using VoIP or phone audio?

#3 2015-09-04 10:12:18

MRosenfield

Just using the regular meeting audio.

#4 2015-09-04 11:42:21

Jorma_at_CoSo

Well, the two methods that I would use would be:

1. If the Microphone Rights for Participants option was enabled (giving all Participants the ability to broadcast audio), then disable it and the microphone rights should be removed. This option can be found in the Audio menu.

2. If indvidual microphone rights have been given, you can click on the first Participant in the list and then hold Shift and click on the last Participant in the list. There should be an option to Enable/ Disable Microphone for the selected users when placing your mouse cursor over them.

#5 2015-09-04 12:58:31

MRosenfield

Thanks.  Just to make sure I am reading this right.  I am assuming that if I use option 1 I will have to go back an grand rights for all participants again before I can un-mute them.  If I use option 2, they will be able to re-connect their microphone themselves.

Basically, my meeting is a class of kids.   So when things get unruly I sometimes have to mute them all.  However, if someone raises their hand it would be nice if they could unmet themselves.

#6 2015-09-04 13:14:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

In either case, when you remove microphone rights from a participant, they are no longer able to broadcast audio unless the room Host re-grants them rights. This can be done by giving everyone rights (probably not the best plan), by placing your mouse cursor over a user or a group of selected users and Enabling Microphone rights or by accepting a raised hand.

By default users at a Participant role have no access to broadcasting audio unless they are specifically given permissions to do so by a Host in the Meeting.

Board footer