Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-28 21:48:51

**_kpaulin_**

Poor Audio Sound Quality

With more than 3 or 4 people, audio sound quality diminishes rapidly. Infact, even during a two person meeting sound quality is poor.

Are there any suggestions as to settings, features that we can use to improve sound quality?

We have already tried the Audio Settings Wizard.

Thanks in advance...

#2 2008-07-29 09:27:18

**_anhyzer_**

Re: Poor Audio Sound Quality

This sounds like the problem I reported a few weeks ago in this thread:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1074

I'd be interested to know if the workaround I mentioned there (use straight VOIP without the Camera and Voice pod) resolves the problem for other who have the VOIP issue.

--Chris

#3 2008-07-29 11:58:35

**_creed_**

If you have not already tried this, one thing to consider is managing how many people need their microphones open at any one time.  As soon as you have more than one person talking, the background noise in a participant's room is compounded on every open mic.  Try having them avoid locking their mic open and use the momentary button to talk to speak as necessary.

Hope this helps,
-Craig

#4 2008-08-01 09:16:27

**_cmyst_**

If you have a licensed install, verify that your SQL Server is properly patched.

#5 2008-08-08 08:51:46

**_kova4_**

There is an issue with the new Streaming server and the aud/vid pod in the new connect 7 - we have a ticket into support and have rolled back to 6.3 there are multiple issues with the voip and video - we are waiting -

Board footer