Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-03-03 17:02:40

mwise

Can Polycom Systems Connect to a Meeting?

I have a user group that uses an older Polycom VSX 7000 system. They use this pretty regularly with several other groups, but recently asked me about conducting multi-party meetings. Given that it's an older system, investing in multi-point licensing seemed like a poor investment when we have access to an Adobe Connect Pro license, but it's unclear to me if the groups would be able to join and participate with these outdated Polycom systems. I haven't been able to find any documentation about joining an Adobe Connect meeting via an IP address or if this level of integration is possible between the systems. I've seen it done with other systems like BlueJeans but I hope there is some sort of possible way to accomplish this on Adobe Connect as well? Thank you.

#2 2015-03-03 18:47:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Can Polycom Systems Connect to a Meeting?

Video Teleconfrencing (VTC) integration is only available with on-premise deployments. And, to be honest, isn't that simple. If the cameras and mics could be leveraged to be a video/audio input to a computer, then they could be used in Connect without much configuration, but that may be a long shot.

Here's a brief on setting up the VTC to work with and on-premise deployment of Connect: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/k … ation.html

#3 2015-03-04 09:11:51

mwise

Re: Can Polycom Systems Connect to a Meeting?

Thank you Jorma, I was afraid this might be the case but wanted to check. Thanks for the information!

Board footer