Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-02 12:18:50

**_gajett_**

Recording woes -- still ongoing

posted before about lack of audio, now we've got lack of audio and video, but only sort of.
Here's the setup:
Licensed - V7 Connect Pro.
User (mtg host) is physically located in the same building as server.  XP Pro, 2 wk old machine.
Lately, most of his recordings are lacking audio.  The meeting goes fine, with A/V going out fine.
The recordings *look* normal, but the audio is either completely absent, or when using the seek bar, will give a little blip for a fraction of a second, then stop.
This only seems to happen from this one particular location, as no one else has reported this problem (it may exist elsewhere, just not reported).
We are at a loss as to why this may occur, especially: 1. the live meeting goes fine, and 2: it only seems to be one room.

Ideas, Thoughts, Suggestions very welcome!

Thanks,

Greg

** also happy to provide more info if it would be helpful!

#2 2008-07-07 12:19:01

**_santhony_**

Re: Recording woes -- still ongoing

Is this integrated audio with a vendor, or is this VoIP?

What version of Flash Player were you using to view the recordings?

#3 2008-07-07 20:20:34

**_philip.roy_**

We seem to be getting this as well but it is hard to track down the common factor. The recording as whole is audio-less except for one meeting where 40 minutes in I killed the camera pod and re-enabledit.

We also have a case (again, not with everyone) where recordings are disappearing when moved. Adobe have been alerted to that one.

Phil

#4 2008-07-15 06:39:00

**_gajett_**

this is a licensed Connect install, using VOIP.
through calls to support, have found the audio.  It's still there, just not being output through the recording playback.  Playing back w/ current Flash version (me), but no idea about those who originally reported the problem.
we've got the common factor, it seems to only happen from one location, but since the problem is intermittent, very hard to track down.
support have indicated that it may be possible to re-build the recording, but that process (which i'll do, not support) is time intensive.  1:1 or greater

#5 2008-07-15 09:57:51

**_jcooper9099_**

I have the same problem. If I make the recoridings local the audio is present but it plays at tripple speed so our presenters sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

What was that process for restoring the audio?

#6 2008-07-25 09:05:18

**_cmyst_**

Same issue here with v.7 .  However video also missing and the problem is intermittent among multiple sites.  I have assumed the issue to be related to the Flash Media Server/FMS(?).

#7 2008-07-26 19:22:25

**_philip.roy_**

Adobe have released an update for those hosting their own Connect server....

http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html

We won't be applying it for 24 hours at least (it's the weekend here) but would be interested on how others get on.

Cheers,

Phil

#8 2008-07-27 21:20:09

**_philip.roy_**

Hmm...well, we've applied the update and it doesn't appear to have solved our issue....we're still getting recordings that are empty ;-(

Phil

Board footer