Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-08-27 09:36:18

Dean

Connect add-in crashes upon entering room

As of yesterday I am unable to enter a meeting room if the add-in is installed. If it isn't installed I can enter the room, choose to share and am presented with installing the add-in. Once it installs, it crashes immediately with the error "Adobe Connect Add-in has stopped working."

Uninstalling the add-in and downloading/installing the standalone version results in the inability to enter a room...any room. This is the same for Firefox and Chrome (my default browser). Here is what I've tried.

-Connect Server is running 9.0.4
-Windows 7 Professional SP1
-Chrome version is 37.0.2062.94m
-Firefox version is 31.0

-Uninstalled the add-in and downloaded/installied the standalone (version 11.9.970.233).
-In Chrome (as required) PPAPI is disabled.
-Created new room and still can't enter (using any browser) if add-in is installed.
-Checked to see if only one version of add-in is installed.

This issues is machine specific as I can enter meeting rooms and share screens from other machines. My uneducated guess is that there are some corrupt or conflicting add-in files somewhere causing the problem. Has anyone seen this issue before and if so, is there a simple solution?

#2 2014-08-27 10:15:19

Tabasco

Re: Connect add-in crashes upon entering room

Connect doesn't work with Chrome.

#3 2014-08-27 10:25:33

Dean

Connect absolutely works with Chrome as that is what 80% of our company (myself included) has been and continues to use. As mentioned in my previous post, as long as PPAPI Flash (Chrome's built-in Flash) is disable, Connect works and shares just fine using Chrome.

Again, this issue just occurred out of the blue, cannot be reproduced on other machines and seems specific to this particular machine. With the Connect add-in installed, I cannot enter a meeting room in any browser.

So no, it is not a Chrome issue.

#4 2014-08-27 10:43:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

For what it's worth, Connect should work without disabling the PPAPI version of Flash, http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb … rome.html. And, yes it doesn't seem like a Chrome issue.

You can enable logging for the add-in through these steps, http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb … onal.html, which may help you or Adobe support, as this may need their eyes on it, identify what is causing the issue and find a way to resolve it.

#5 2014-08-27 12:22:35

Dean

After reviewing some things it turns out that a video driver install didn't quite take and was causing the issue with the add-in. Doing a clean install of the video drives seems to have solved the issue.

#6 2014-08-27 13:22:57

Sergio

Connect version is outdated.   Consider updating to version 9.2 or later.   9.2 release notes have the following fix:

"Fixed issue where Google Chrome PPAPI is enable, user cannot share his screen using the Connect add-in on windows"

See http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/re … notes.html

Sergio

Board footer