Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-18 02:21:46

Erica M.

Developing a self-service GUI for Adobe Connect?

Hey, I am desperate for help with developing an add-on gui for Adobe Connect.  I am the Adobe Connect administrator for my office and scheduling webinars for our employees has turned into an administrative nightmare since I have my client delivery responsibilities.  I understand that Adobe Connect as add-on functionality, but what can be done to provide a gui to our employees that let's them check to see if the date and time that they want to hold/record a session is available and then schedule and record a session?  PLEASE HELP!!!

#2 2014-02-18 10:37:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Developing a self-service GUI for Adobe Connect?

Easiest solution would be to use a Google Calendar (or something similar) to create an easy to access space that showed when rooms were in use.

Other than that, you can look to use the Events module of Connect to give a means to schedule sessions and the users can use the Event Catalog to see what sessions are coming up.

#3 2014-02-24 13:38:28

Erica M.

Thanks so much for your reply, Jorma!  But how do I connect Google Calendar to Adobe Connect, and have it so that others can schedule sessions through Google Calendar?  I'm somewhat clueless here.  :)

#4 2014-02-24 15:30:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

You wouldn't connect them per-se. The room management would still be done through Connect, as would assigning permissions to the rooms. The calendar (Google or otherwise) would just be an easily accessible location for other to see when the rooms were booked or not. If desired, a link to the room could be included with each 'reservation' to allow easy access for those who are included in the invitation, but there is nothing to sync Connect with a calender service.

Board footer