Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-04 06:34:26

mtb

'Request not processed' error when uploading some content

I'm using Connect 9 to set up a course and have run into a spot of bother.

When uploading content, I'm getting a message saying 'Request Not Processed - The system was unable to process your request.' 

This is happening with one particular Captivate quiz - but not with others, so I'm assuming there was a problem with the file I was uploading.  So I double checked the project, republished and re-uploaded only to receive an error saying "There is already another item with this name. Please try again." even though the content was not uploaded the first time!! 

If I try and upload that file in a different folder or with a different name it always results in one of the two errors mentioned above.

I've uploaded other pieces of similar content successfully both before and after this happened.  I know the problem most likely lies with this one Captivate quiz, but I can't spot what is causing the issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there something obvious that could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

#2 2014-02-04 11:13:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: 'Request not processed' error when uploading some content

Make sure the questions all contain non-empty interactions and distracters.

The process for checking this can be found here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topi … ion-pools/

Also, not sure if this is still relevant, but worth checking on as well:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topi … r-project/

#3 2014-02-04 17:54:27

mtb

Thanks for the quick response Jorma - I appreciate it.

I've checked that the questions all contain non-empty interactions and distracters and that wasn't the problem.  Although, the mention of word formatting being copied to the project on the thread you linked to gave me an idea ...

So I started the elimination process of publishing part the project, uploading and testing, publishing a few more questions, upload and test etc. until I found the problem slide. 

It turns out that the '&' symbol was being using in one of the answers and once removed it uploads as expected.  Have you come across this issue before?

Now the only problem that I have is that I cannot use the intended name for the content - it keeps returning the 'There is another item with this name ...' error even though the original content was never successfully uploaded.  Is there anyway to access the database and manually remove the title?

Thanks again for your help.

#4 2014-02-04 17:58:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you are publishing directly to Connect with Captivate, then in the dialog that opens, you should see your failed content when browsing in the desired folder (before actually uploading). You should be able to place a check next to the undesired content and then select Delete.

Not sure why this doesn't show up in the standard interface for Connect, but I have used the publish dialog to remove failed content before.

Glad you found the problem and just needed to change the '&'. Symbols have always been a bit hit or miss.

#5 2014-02-04 21:36:47

mtb

Thanks Jorma - I haven't been publishing directly from Captivate but will give that a try.

Once again, I appreciate your help. Cheers.

Board footer