Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-09-06 08:19:44

tim p

practice event and direct meeting entry

A week before the live event, we want to do a practice with our presenters. It seems best to use the live meeting room. But, if we use that same meeting room, what happens to people who register during our practice?

The reason I ask is because we have "Allow direct entry for attendees" checked to yes for the event. But I'm not sure whether that direct access is triggered by the event time, or whether the system detects that the meeting is now open (even though it's a week before). If the latter, will people who happen to register during our practice session get automatically directed into that practice session?

#2 2013-09-06 10:22:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: practice event and direct meeting entry

No, the event should be tied to it's own start and end time. Since the event is just the portal that opens for the individuals to access whatever it is tied to, it doesn't care what is happening with the object it is referencing. So you can use the room as much as you need prior to the event, and the the event won't care or notify the registered attendees.

#3 2013-09-06 11:18:39

Tim

That's great news. Thanks for the quick response.

#4 2013-09-13 09:26:42

Tim

In case this helps someone down the road, here's some followup info based on testing...

As Jorma stated direct meeting entry is triggered by the EVENT TIME rather than the meeting's open/closed status. So if we're practicing when someone registers, they won't be bumped into our practice session.

However, registered attendees CAN successfully log into a practice session if they happen to attempt a login (using the link in their email) while we're practicing.

Of course, that's fairly unlikely - especially with smaller events. But it is possible, so we'll be putting our meetings 'on hold' during practice sessions just in case.

#5 2013-09-13 10:25:12

Jorma_at_CoSo

As another idea, you can use the Block Incoming Attendees feature to 'lock' the door to your room and display a message of your choosing, ie. "This meeting is not currently available. Please try back at your scheduled session time."

#6 2014-02-04 16:23:20

e-slinger

Hello,

I can echo Jorma on this suggestion. I use that method (block incoming...) to lock the door. I have found it very useful thus far.

I like that you can customize the message that displays.

If you have never used this feature, check it out:

Meeting/Manage Access & Entry/Block Incoming Attendees

You can use the block guest access too if you are worried about guest access. When you are ready to open the door, just turn it off.

Enjoy!

Board footer