Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-29 17:24:15

Ken_S

Register user for event via Web Services 9 w/o password?

I'm trying to register a known user to an event using Adobe Connect 9 Web Services and I'm wondering why the password and password-verify fields are required.

We have situations where a user wants us to register them for an event that we're managing but doesn't have their password on file and for obvious security reasons we don't store it..

Is there any other way to get an already created user registered to an event?

Thanks,
-Ken

#2 2014-01-30 11:37:24

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Register user for event via Web Services 9 w/o password?

The password-verify, first-name, and last-name fields would be to create a new user or update an existing user (I don't believe you can reset the password of an existing user through this method).

The problem is that to register a user through the API, it does seem like you need to know their password. So if they logged into your site and those credentials could be passed to Connect, and were the same as their Connect credentials, then they could register them selves. However, the only way that I can see to register someone without their password is to do it through the GUI for Participant Management in the Event on the Connect server. There you can add users and/or groups as needed.

That said, have you tried making the registration call without using the password? It never hurts to try and the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work.

Board footer