Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-23 14:31:22

cuc1390504929

Different times in meeting

Dear Adobe Conect Users.

First of all: Sorry for my bad english, i will try my best and hope you understand my problem.

I use Adobe Connect 9 for webinars. There are two operators, who do the webinars. In the main administration i set the timezone to GMT+01:00.

The effect ist, that Adobe Connect shows me different times for the meetings and reports etc., but i still need one correct time-display for all users.

When i go on Home->Meetings, Connect tells me, that the timezone are displayed as GMT-12:00. But operator 1 has the correct time displayed, and operator 2 the wrong one (13 hours behind).

The endusers see also the wrong time :(

I also tried to set the to GMT-12:00, but then every times are wrong.

I don't know what to do. Can you help me?

Thanks for helpful answers.

#2 2014-01-23 18:02:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Different times in meeting

There are two places to set the time zone in Connect. The time zone set in the administration section will become the time zone for all new user accounts. Once an account has been created, it has it's own setting, to accommodate users in different parts of the world.

What may need to happen is that operator 2 needs to modify their timezone setting, so Connect knows their correct location. It may be that Connect thinks they are in a time zone 13 hours off from where they are. To do this they will need to go to My Profile (top right corner in the Connect interface) > Edit My Preferences and then select their correct time zone and click Save.

Then when the operator creates a new session, he will be setting the correct time, and the time zone information should reflect that.

#3 2014-01-24 04:55:04

JanUrke

Dear Jorma_at_RealEyes,

thank you for the answer. That solved a part of my problem.

But there is still another one:

Now all the end-users are using the wrong timezone, and i don't see how i can change the settings.

Also i can't set the right timezone, if i register a new user.

Can you help me further

#4 2014-01-24 16:29:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

If a user has the wrong time zone associated with their account, you can either:

1. Have them log in and change their timezone under My Profile.

2. Log in as the user and change their timezone under My Profile.

3. Use the API's to modify the user's timezone: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/9.0 … 7-7f69_SP1

When you create a new user it puts them in the timezone that the server is set to.

Last edited by Jorma_at_CoSo (2014-01-24 16:30:12)

Board footer