Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-06 16:28:25

**_jrachford_**

Presenter unable to move pods

I finally upgraded our server to SP3 this morning, but now I'm noticing that when someone is given the presenter role they are unable to move or resize pods. They are able to maximize and restore the pod. They are able to access the presenter area, but not move pods within it. They also do not get the Pods menu at the top. I've tried this with guest accounts and registered accounts and see the same thing. Anyone else experience this? Or am I crazy and it's always been this way?

Thanks.

#2 2007-11-06 16:34:45

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Presenter unable to move pods

Was this meeting created from a template? There is a checkbox option in the "Edit Information" menu for a meeting residing in the Templates directory that says: New meetings created from this template will have layouts locked

It sounds like the behaviour you are seeing may be related to the way the meeting you are in was created.

Good Luck.

#3 2007-11-06 16:39:32

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

I just noticed that you referred to giving people the "Presenter" role. Only Hosts can change the room layout, while Presenters get to present.

If you want someone to be able to change the room layout you will need to promote them to a Host role instead of a Presenter role.

The information in my previous post is for system administrators who want to set up pre-defined layouts for other users that they cannot change, even when they are the Hosts. This is perfect for sales and training situations where you want to ensure that only the approved room layout is used for a new meeting created from the template.

#4 2007-11-06 17:01:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

As to the presenters not being able to maximize the pods, there is a button for hosts on the layout bar to lock and unlock the move/resize pods option, as well as in the Pods menu, that feature has probably been turned to lock.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#5 2007-11-07 08:09:51

**_jrachford_**

Thanks for the quick replies! Very helpful. Strangely, when I lock the pods, both hosts and presenters are able to use the maximize button to cause a pod to expand to full screen. This isn't really a problem but I would think the lock option would stop that from happening.

As you can probably tell we are still in the process of putting Connect through it's paces. I'm glad to see an active community and appreciate the help.

#6 2007-11-07 14:14:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That sounds right, I mis-typed. Locking the layout makes it so that the pods can only be maximized and restored. Sorry for that.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#7 2007-12-10 14:47:24

**_JeniQ_**

My experience over the last month says that Presenters cannot rename pods, move pods or switch layouts.

#8 2007-12-10 15:17:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Your experience is correct.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#9 2007-12-10 15:17:46

**_JeniQ_**

Yay!

#10 2008-07-01 10:35:05

**_creed_**

More on this topic.....
After testing (in Connect hosted version 7) by checking the option to lock "meetings made from this template" in the template edit info screen, the resulting meeting has similar behavior for both hosts and presenters. 

Both roles can only maximize and restore pod sizes as mentioned previously.
Hosts get a tool bar at the bottom for switching layouts from one to the next.  That toolbar is now missing the Lock option, as the entire meeting room is locked.
Presenters do not have this toolbar, but can still switch layouts using the Layouts menu at the top of the meeting.  (This is the new behavior that is interesting.  I thought that presenters had no permission at all to switch between layouts.)

However........

If a meeting is made from a template where the Locked option is not checked, presenters no longer have the Layouts menu at the top of the meeting.  If I switch my role from host to presenter, both the Layouts toolbar and the Layouts menu disappear from view.

Kind of disparate.  But useful for our needs if the behavior does not change with future updates.  We want to create meeting rooms that can not be changed by hosts, yet we want them to be able to switch between layouts within the meeting.
-Craig

Board footer