Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-01 07:17:21

**_gajett_**

Recording shows Presenter Control -- but only PowerPoint was used.

Along w/ the recording issue I posted earlier, I've been seeing this:
connect_v7_forum_image.jpg

this is from a .ppt.  I have seen it now w/ both .ppt and .pptx.  a recorded meeting will show the Presenter controls, seemingly at random (they just show up on a slide, but not on every slide in a presentation), but control the whole slide deck if used.

If you allow the presentation to play through, the controls persist.  If you skip ahead or back, they go away.  This is a recording!  I'm guessing this is a bug (we'd tell people it's a feature :-) ), but welcome other information.

We're using V7, licensed.

Thanks,

Greg

#2 2008-07-01 08:30:53

**_fparker_**

Re: Recording shows Presenter Control -- but only PowerPoint was used.

This happens to me also, only when I have the Powerpoint presentation on sync. The controls only present themselves when synchronized navigation is disabled.

Frank

#3 2008-07-01 09:12:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

These controls show up because when you upload a .ppt or .pptx it converts it to a Presenter Presentation so it can be shown in the room (the Flash Player does not support PowerPoint). The controls show up when the presentation is "de-sync'd" because the person viewing the presentation is the responsible for navigating through the presentation, not the Presenter.

If you leave the presentation sync'd then it will never show the controls.

#4 2008-07-01 10:00:30

**_gajett_**

I didn't know that about the sync button and recordings.
Thanks for the info.
I am showing/seeing that sync is selected by default when sharing a new .ppt or.pptx, so the presenter would have to manually turn it off, correct?

I will make them aware of this.

Board footer