Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-11 11:51:52

**_jameslloyd_**

posting hyperlink with instructions

Wow, I can't believe I'm posting such a stupid question!

At the end of a Connect meeting, I want to direct attendees to 2 urls to take a test and return to our training portal.  Along with the urls, I want to display lines of text that say "Take the test at:"  & "Return to the Portal at:"

The only way I have found to do this is to enter the text and url in a chat pod!

I can't create hyperlinks in a note pod.

I can't add instructive text in the web link pod - it only shows the url of the pushed link, not the descriptive text.

I don't want to spend the production time putting the instructive text and url into .ppt and uploading yet another content item.

It's making me crazy because I feel like I've seen this in other connect meetings, but I can't reproduce it!

Really, what am I missing here?

#2 2008-06-11 11:54:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: posting hyperlink with instructions

Use a second "Chat" pod but name it something else. That is the only way to post live hyper links and instructions.

#3 2008-06-11 15:14:05

**_jameslloyd_**

yup, that's what i do.

It's really funny Jorma because I remember in v6 that if you type a web address in the Notes pod, a part of the text parser was recognizing it and showing an arrow rather than text cursor - but it still wasn't hyperlinked.

Guess it's time for a feature request:

#4 2008-06-30 09:11:57

alistairlee

I've submitted this as a feature request.

#5 2008-06-30 09:30:40

**_jameslloyd_**

Oh Thanks Alistair.

I submitted the request after the post above and I got a personal reply from no less than Peter Ryce! 

To think my cynicism prevented me from believing that anyone reads feature requests. :rolleyes:

Board footer