Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-29 08:59:07

**_patti.shock_**

audio problems

I cannot get audio to play over the computer.  I have tried the microphone that came with my webcam, as well as a headset that I use for Second Life - which works there.   My image comes up fine, just no audio.

I have gone through all of the tutorials, settings, etc.

I am currently using a 30 day free trial on Premier Global, and other than clunky, boring chat, that is the only way I can communicate while training my presenters.

Help!

#2 2008-06-02 14:17:08

**_santhony_**

Re: audio problems

do you get the prompt from Camera and microphone access to allow the connection to your camera and microphone?

#3 2008-06-02 18:24:46

**_patti.shock_**

Yes, and the camera works fine.  When I go through the audio wizard, the light turns green.

#4 2008-06-03 09:20:14

alistairlee

Hey Patti,

Can you confirm that the 'Talk' button (now near the bottom of the screen) is pressed down?  It may also be worth running quickly through the audio setup wizard (located in the 'Meeting' menu) to ensure that Connect Pro is picking up the correct audio input device.

Thanks,
Alistair

#5 2008-06-09 09:45:35

**_uzma-vso_**

I have actually just got a similar problem in a meeting.

I was connected with one of my colleagues from canada. When he was just using VOIP it worked fine, but when he turnd on the camera we lost the voice.

Any ideas?

We have been through the audio setup wizard and double checked all the settings.

#6 2008-06-09 11:38:39

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

My understanding with bandwidth priority is on the last item selected in Connect, so if the audio goes away when you start the camera pod, then stop the audio tool at the bottom and then start the audio again. This may help.

#7 2008-06-16 14:20:47

**_con4ensking_**

Get a free trial on audio integration from premiere Global - e-mail me to see how well this works in comparison.  Much stronger audio configuration, when your meetings matter most

#8 2008-06-30 08:32:07

alistairlee

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

My understanding with bandwidth priority is on the last item selected in Connect, so if the audio goes away when you start the camera pod, then stop the audio tool at the bottom and then start the audio again. This may help.

My understanding on bandwidth priority is quite different.  As I understand it, Connect always prioritizes audio as the highest priority, then data, then video.  Studies have shown that bad audio has the biggest impact to a positive or negative meeting experience.

Board footer