Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-06-26 17:09:50

cuc1372278655

User Access to private recordings

I work at the home office of a franchising company.  We have posted videos in Content and want the permissions set to private.   However, new users are constantly being added and it's going to be very labor intensive to manually grant permissions to each new user so they can view the private content.

Is there an easier way to do this?

#2 2013-06-27 09:08:09

spuri

Re: User Access to private recordings

Hi,

If there is a group in your account in which all the new users are added, you can just add that group in your permissions to view the recording. Additionally, you may get afeature in future releases where you can add a passcode to your public recordings as well. I think that will serve your purpose too.

Hope this info helps!
Sameer Puri

#3 2013-06-27 15:17:15

Melissat990

Is there a way to automatically assign all new users to a group? Like an automated workflow that can be built in?  The way we're set up right now, we will have to manually assign all new users to a group and I"m wondering if there's a way we can automate this.

#4 2013-06-28 05:24:53

spuri

Hi Melissat990,

I am not sure if there is an API exposed right now which can do that in an automated manner. But there is an option to import CSV's having larger number of user's data rather than addin one user at a time. You can find that option under Administration--> Users and Groups--> Import--> Select File to Import.

Hope that helps!
Sameer Puri

Board footer