Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-23 07:18:26

e-slinger

How public is public content?

Hello All,

I am working through various deployment options for content.

When setting content to public, is that content public enough that it can be collected and indexed by search engines?

If so is there a way to avoid that?

The client wants a way to be able to access content, without having to login every time or set everyone in the organization up with a login account and password.

Thanks

Last edited by e-slinger (2013-05-23 07:26:32)

#2 2013-05-23 14:36:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: How public is public content?

The content on Connect is not collected and indexed by search engines (you'd see them if they were). If you post the link to the object on a public website, then it may show up, but that would be what would cause it.

Making it public just drops the requirement for a username and password for viewing.

#3 2013-05-23 15:01:40

e-slinger

Thanks that is good to know...so here is more of my issue.

Basically I need to figure out how we can use our own internal authentication to validate the user access to a content library. The users will need access to a content library (training docs, multi-media etc), and I need that material to be accessible without repetitive login at each request. On top of that, our IT group has vetoed the use of the public setting.

In speaking with our IT and Security folks they asked us to see if we were able to:

Determine how(if) Connect passes the authentication token
Determine if we can authenticate by IP address and still segment user group

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

By the way...we are on a hosted account/ACP 9

#4 2013-05-23 16:12:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

You can setup a remote log in and authentication. You will need to set this up via the API functionality. Ideally, the log in credentials to your system and Connect are the same. So once a user logs into your system, it logs them into Connect as well.

With the user logged in, it is just a matter of setting up the appropriate permissions to the content within Connect, and they should be able to view it without logging in again.

The documentation can be found in the developer center, and you would be looking for the Web Services doc: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html

Board footer