Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-27 19:07:30

**_smmurf46_**

Setting up a meeting with additional hosts/presenters

I have a meeting room set up that I use for all meetings. If I am unavailable, I would need someone else to log in to the meeting to screen share items for me. How do I add someone to do this? When I add someones name and go to set user role- I click on either presenter or host, but when they log in they are still a participant. I wouldn't be available to log in at all- so they would need to eith have host or presenter roles, correct? I can't log in to grant them host/presenter status every meeting- so they would need to log in. How do I set this up?

Also- there are times when I need to be in two or three meeting rooms at once. Is this not possible now? If I set up multiple meeting rooms I should be able to be logged into them at the same time if need be. There are times when I just "oversee" and check-in with what is going on- but want to be "available" for problems that may arise.

Thanks SO much!! I am a novice at adobe connect and really appreciate this forum.

#2 2012-10-28 06:14:01

alistairlee

Re: Setting up a meeting with additional hosts/presenters

Hi smmurf46,

You're setting their role correctly when you add them to the meeting and change their role (I would recommend changing it to Host if you won't be there).

This might not be working for you if they're not setup as 'Meeting Hosts' in the system. They way the Adobe Connect licensing works is that each room is required to have a named host. These named hosts are setup by your administrator and they are the people within your organization that can create and host meetings. Do you know if these people you're inviting are named hosts?

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2012-10-29 10:48:06

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Setting up a meeting with additional hosts/presenters

As to trying to use multiple rooms here it the description of the Named Host license as you bought it.

Adobe wrote:

Each individual Named Host has the ability to host a meeting with up to 100 total attendees on the Adobe Hosted platform.  Named Hosts may create an unlimited number of meeting rooms, however, the Named Host can only use one of their rooms at any one time and rooms cannot be accessed unless the Named Host is present.

As a named host you are only allowed to have one of your rooms active at any given time.

Board footer