Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-07 13:17:03

**_project359_**

Video Window Size

Every time I create a video for the Academy and open the link, it opens a window at the same small size regardless of the finished video dimensions.

Is there anyway to force the window to fit the size of the actual movie?

#2 2008-05-07 13:32:04

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Video Window Size

Unfortunately, the 800x600 dimensions are default, and the only viewing size.

#3 2008-05-08 07:11:07

**_project359_**

Odd, mine don't even open up at that size. They're much smaller.

#4 2008-06-09 16:09:04

**_tlogan_**

Here are some general guidelines for video sizes in the Connect environment:

For Adobe Presenter:

Talking Head (the video you place above the sidebar in a presenter file) -
Framerate: 30 fps
Suggested size: 240 x 180
Suggested format: .swf or .flv

Slide Video -
Framerate: 30 fps
Suggested size: any
Suggested format: .swf or .flv

Full Slide Video -
Frame rate: 30 fps
Suggested size: 720 x 540
Suggested format: .flv

* Any video that is a .swf should no longer than 3-4 minutes in duration and no more than 320x240 in height and width, smaller or shorter is always better. You can make it larger but the video may appear softer.

Within a Connect meeting room:

Always use a .flv video when possible, if you must use a .swf keep it short in duration and height and width.  I have used various dimensions on video (4x3, letterbox and such) with no issue but generally no greater thatn 640x480 when loading them into a share pod.

#5 2008-06-10 08:38:46

**_creed_**

Thank you for the recommended sizes for videos.  However, regardless of the optimal sizes created, whenever they are brought into the Connect environment, the videos are always scaled either larger or smaller than the video's original, native size and thus looks soft or slightly blurry due to scaling.  This occurs whether it is in a share pod as an FLV or a Presenter file, it all depends on what size the share pod is displayed.

There should be a way to snap the share pod or the video within it to its native size as created so that it displays optimal sharpness.  A pull-down menu in the pod with the choice of viewing at "actual size" or "100%" would be great.

#6 2008-06-10 08:48:28

**_creed_**

Which also makes me wonder.  Is there a way to create a Presenter file at a specific size and then full-screen the display in Connect and actually get native size display?

Is that option negated by the participant's resizing of the meeting window or their browser?

#7 2008-06-10 09:08:17

**_project359_**

creed wrote:

There should be a way to snap the share pod or the video within it to its native size as created so that it displays optimal sharpness.  A pull-down menu in the pod with the choice of viewing at "actual size" or "100%" would be great.

Exactly. This has been my biggest issue with Connect. I spend hours on videos in Final Cut Studio only to have them look awful in Connect due to the scaling issue.

Last edited by **_project359_** (2008-06-10 09:08:27)

Board footer