Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-11 06:04:24

**_jasques_**

Connect 9 screen sharing hangs Add-in

Dear All,

we just migrated to connect 9 with new Add-ins and quite often after enabling screen sharing Add-in hangs and needs to be restarted. Does anyone have solution for this? (it was reported on WinXP, Win 7 32 and 64 bits)

best regards Lukasz

#2 2012-09-12 12:04:29

**_antmuzic_**

Re: Connect 9 screen sharing hangs Add-in

Hi jasques.  I am working on a similar issue.

What happens is on a certain class of computer, the presenter can share only one time.  Subsequent attempts to share cause the plugin to crash.

I believe we have narrowed this down to a certain display driver, so can I ask you two questions:

What kind of computer are you experiencing this problem on (Manufacturer and Model)?

If you look in your Device Manager what is the name of the Display Driver you are running?

And when we say that the add-in crashes, this is the error message we get: 

image002.png

I'd also ask that you report this to Adobe Support so we stand a chance of getting it fixed.  I have a ticket open on this issue as well.

#3 2012-09-14 06:53:14

**_marzia_**

I had that happening when using Google Chrome, but I'm ok if using Explorer. I hope this helps...

#4 2012-09-14 10:50:47

**_dkrobbins_**

Marzia -

There is a known issue with Google Chrome 21 and Adobe Connect Add-In.  Here is a link to the post from Adobe here in the forums about it - http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=7705

What version of IE are you using Marzia?  If it is IE9 are you using it in compatibility mode?

Many thanks!

Dean

#5 2012-09-16 11:30:33

**_jasques_**

I have also opened a bug report for this issue a while ago. We are experiencing this problem on IE, Firefox and Chrome. We have success rate of ~50% while screen sharing. This is happening on all of our hardware including HP, Sony with Intel and Nvidia graphic cards.

Below are the crash details:
crash-repo.png
crash-det.png
crash-det2.png

#6 2012-09-20 12:39:31

**_federasta_**

antmuzic wrote:

Hi jasques.  I am working on a similar issue.

What happens is on a certain class of computer, the presenter can share only one time.  Subsequent attempts to share cause the plugin to crash.

I believe we have narrowed this down to a certain display driver, so can I ask you two questions:

What kind of computer are you experiencing this problem on (Manufacturer and Model)?

If you look in your Device Manager what is the name of the Display Driver you are running?

And when we say that the add-in crashes, this is the error message we get: 

https://aau_temp.s3.amazonaws.com/09122012/image002.png

I'd also ask that you report this to Adobe Support so we stand a chance of getting it fixed.  I have a ticket open on this issue as well.

I have the same problem :(

#7 2012-10-04 04:20:09

**_marzia_**

Hi Dean, I am still on IE8 so I am fine with the add-in. I have seen the Adobe announcement about Chrome but even when I change the settings the add-in still hangs. Not a major problem although annoying, unless IE8 also develops some sort of bug...

#8 2012-10-04 16:33:37

**_antmuzic_**

For us this problem seems to have mysteriously disappeared (without any help, assistance, or even the courtesy of a reply to my support ticket by the way).  Have other people on this thread seen this issue resolve itself?

#9 2012-10-08 12:32:14

**_federasta_**

I was wondering if there was a customer service address at which to solve this problem, which does not seem to find a solution.
you know the cause?

#10 2012-10-12 14:56:00

**_jasonp_**

Recently submitted a ticket on this issue as well, glad other people are experiencing it since it seems to be hard to find on google. my ticket was "escalated" and they said they knew of the issue, no answer yet.

my issue is the same as federasta. i can only share my screen once during a session, if i try to do it again it will crash and give me that "add-in stopped working" error.

prior to experiencing this issue i was using adobe connect 9 on my desktop and it worked fine. recently we acquired a new laptop and this is where i stumbled on this issue. both are identical, win7, sp1, 64-bit, flash and connect add-in versions are the same. main difference is the video display. desktop is using two radeon 6350's (again, connect works fine) and laptop is using intel hd graphics 4000 and nvidia 5200m (connect crashes)

I'm hoping a solution is found soon, planned on using this new laptop for a lot of our company meetings!

#11 2012-10-12 16:45:18

**_federasta_**

therefore seems to be the video card problem!? ....

#12 2012-10-16 08:13:21

**_jasonp_**

if i were to guess i'd say it's something with the video, yeah.

im getting responses via my ticket i submitted but not expecting anything from it. if this is an actual bug related to certain hardware i'd assume only an update/patch would fix it. simply removing and re-installing flash over and over isn't going to change anything.

fingers crossed! this is annoying!

#13 2012-10-16 16:40:56

**_federasta_**

jasonp wrote:

if i were to guess i'd say it's something with the video, yeah.

im getting responses via my ticket i submitted but not expecting anything from it. if this is an actual bug related to certain hardware i'd assume only an update/patch would fix it. simply removing and re-installing flash over and over isn't going to change anything.

fingers crossed! this is annoying!

you're right. is reprehensible by Adobe such a situation

#14 2012-10-18 13:07:46

**_jasonp_**

So i spent some time on the phone and it came down to "nothing we can do at this time"

Their engineering department is apparently aware of the issue and it only occurs on certain machines. As of right now there seems to be no fix that they're aware of... bummer.

#15 2012-10-18 14:12:50

**_federasta_**

There is no possibility to go back to the old version?! ....

#16 2012-10-19 08:43:59

**_jasonp_**

So i was given a suggestion to change my screen resolution and it worked. I knocked it down and was able to start/stop the sharing service as often as i'd like. My default resolution is 1366x768 and i changed it to 1024x768.

See if playing around with your resolutions changes anything.

For me, this still isn't ideal because this laptop only has one screen resolution that fills the screen and it's the one that doesn't work. By knocking down the resolution im left with two thick black bars on the right and left side of the screen.

Hopefully, if the issue just comes down to screen resolutions, a fix can be found even faster!

#17 2012-10-19 08:48:05

**_federasta_**

My problem, however, is that I can not download the recordings

#18 2012-10-19 19:56:20

**_erika_**

I too am trying to download recordings and get that error message, "Adobe Connect Add-in 11.2 R247 has stopped working".  Please post if you find a solution.  Thanks!

Board footer