Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-01 13:10:49

**_dlehman_**

Flash 11.4/Firefox major issue?

I have recently started using Connect for my MBA program and have been doing some pre-recording of materials.  I believe I have discovered a major issue and want to see if others can confirm this or provide a solution.  The recordings I have made work fine in IE, Opera, and work pretty well in Firefox running a slightly older version of Flash.  However, when I watch the recording on Firefox with Flash 11.4 installed, the recording is not watchable.  Every few seconds the recording buffers and when the buffering is done, the audio is lost for a period of some seconds (5-20).  Pressing pause for a few seconds and then starting play syncs the audio and screen sharing again, but it keeps happening.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING SUCH PROBLEMS WITH FLASH 11.4 AND FIREFOX?

Thanks.

#2 2012-09-25 13:39:32

**_catholicon_**

Re: Flash 11.4/Firefox major issue?

Which version of Connect are you using (or can you post a sample recording link which shows the issue)?

#3 2012-09-25 15:00:11

**_Ajauger_**

You could be on to something. Just today I had an instructor have audio delays and intermittent cutting out. I did all of the normal trouble shooting (update Flash, Add-in, checked for open apps, wireless, etc.) to no avail.
However, when I had her switch to IE and log in, the audio worked beautifully.

Thanks

#4 2012-10-04 15:17:33

**_iangoh_**

Hi - I posted something similar in http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=8201

We were seeing problems particularly with 11.4 (doesn't matter Firefox, IE or Chrome) and recordings that contained screen sharing.  So far reverting to 11.3 or earlier helps.

#5 2012-10-18 18:35:19

**_dlehman_**

It now appears that Adobe is aware there is a problem.  From my point of view, this took too long and they are not entirely forthcoming.  From everything I've read about this, trying to revert to an earlier version of Flash appears to be a nightmare - not to mention trying to communicate this to all of my users.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Another question (to which I have not gotten an answer).  Does this bug only affect the playback, or is the recording affected?  In other words, assuming it is eventually fixed, will the existing recordings play back fine or are they permanently affected?

Board footer