Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-13 21:20:30

**_gprivat_**

Connect and Leopard

Just wanted to provide an update on Connect Pro working on Leopard.

First, let me say that we are committed to ensure that Connect Pro works on Leopard.  We recognize that Leopard provides exceptional improvements to the MAC community and we want to ensure that our great Connect meeting experience is available on Leopard.
We are right now completing validation testing for Connect 6 SP3 Add-in on Leopard.  Once complete, we will announce an official support date for Leopard.

Some questions you might have:
-Why are you testing Leopard only now?
When developing C6 SP3, we started testing it against Leopard.  However, the early version provided by Apple were too unstable from week to week to do any meaningful development or testing.  We had to make the decision to wait until final release to test.
-Can you share some preliminary test results?
For the moment, we have validated that participants can join and attend a meeting with no issue.  So for all of you organizing seminars, your Leopard attendees will be able to participate to the meeting with no problem.
For meeting hosts who need to use the add-in, we are validating that screen sharing works well but are finding issue with the upload of files into a share pod.
-When do you expect official Leopard support?
This will depend on the issue we find and the level of effort required to address them.  We will keep you updated on this.

I hope this update is useful. 

Guillaume

#2 2007-11-16 00:09:38

alistairlee

Re: Connect and Leopard

While this doesn't qualify as official support, it's worth noting that Apple just released an update to Leopard - 10.5.1

One of the issues fixed was improved compatibility with Adobe Flash-based uploaders.

After installing it, I was able to upload content into a share pod in my Connect room with no issues.  This had been an issue for me with the original release of Leopard.  Great to see Apple is on top of these issues.

#3 2007-12-07 19:51:22

**_gprivat_**

We confirmed that Connect Pro works fine on Leopard 10.5.1.

Thanks

Guillaume

#4 2008-03-20 02:03:53

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi,
I have Leopard 10.5.2 and uploading ppt to share pod and meeting content does not work properly. Slides are corrupted, objects are missing and animations do not work. I have the Adobe hosted version of ACP. I use Firefox 2.0.0.12. Any news about this?
Kind regards,
Jonas

Last edited by **_jonaslagneryd_** (2008-03-20 02:18:21)

#5 2008-03-24 19:35:56

**_gprivat_**

I doubt the issues you are raising are related to Leopard.  Which version of Powerpoint are you using to create the slides?

#6 2008-03-25 11:53:38

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

gprivat wrote:

I doubt the issues you are raising are related to Leopard.  Which version of Powerpoint are you using to create the slides?

I agree wholeheartedly with Gillaume.

I am currently running Leo 10.5.2, and have experienced no problems within the OS itself, nor uploading presentations only to find that they're out of sync, etc. upon completion. The actual problem I faced was PowerPoint related, but from what I could gather, due to cross-platforming issues. I made a presentation on my work PC in PowerPoint - Office 2007. I then emailed it to myself to later work on at home (where I use a Mac), opened it in PowerPoint - Office 2008 for Mac, and experienced the same sorts of problems that you listed above. Text and layers were intertwined, animations were off, etc.

So, that leads me to believe that the problem is in fact which OS version of PowerPoint the presentation was created in initially. My best advice is that if you are creating a PowerPoint presentation solely to be presented in Connect, then decide if you're going to create it in Office for Mac or Windows, and don't stray from the original game plan.

I have since decided to stick with Windows for doing anything in Office, seeing as it is my work OS, and 9 times out of 10 it's work related. Further, I haven't experienced any problems since that decision.

HTH-
-Jeff
;)

Last edited by **_Jeff_at_RealEyes_** (2008-03-25 11:55:15)

#7 2008-04-17 23:12:54

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I will check this out now.

Kind regards,
Jonas

#8 2008-04-17 23:15:25

**_jonaslagneryd_**

gprivat wrote:

I use PowerPoint 2004 for Mac Version 11.3.5 (070411)
// Jonas :-)

#9 2008-05-06 22:35:28

**_philip.roy_**

Experiment with the forms of the images that you add to PowerPoint. I experienced this prior to using Breeze/Connect. Off the top of my head I think the problem seems to be with PNG files. If you convert images to jpg before adding them to slides, that seems to solve the issue.

Phil

#10 2008-06-05 18:41:24

**_damiengallop_**

It sounds like all of you are using the Connect plugins with both Mac and Windows versions of PowerPoint. I have just set up a trial Connect account and am presently attempting to install Adobe Presenter into PowerPoint (Office 2004 for Mac). At this first step in the process, the instructions say:

"Install Adobe Presenter. Adobe Presenter is installed as a menu in Microsoft PowerPoint. It lets you create self-running rich media presentations and e-learning courses."

At this time (June 2008) it links directly to an MSI file, which I understand is a recent style of Windows executable. Does this mean I'm out of luck already? Or is there another way to install the Presenter plugin into PP for Mac? Thank you.

#11 2008-06-06 12:15:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Presenter has always been a Windows only application. MSI is a Microsoft software installer file, and that is why it doesn't work on your MAC. If you have VM Ware/Parallels/Boot Camp you can use it on the windows version of PPT.

Board footer