Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-02 12:25:01

**_creed_**

File Share Pod Restrictions?

Does a person have to be logged into a meeting with a password (rather than admitted in as a guest) to be able to download a file in a File Share Pod? 

My guest participants are clicking to download a file, which opens a new browser window with a "click to download" link.  But is seems that unless they logged into the meeting with a password, when they click the resulting download link, they are taken to an Adobe Connect logon page with the only choice being to logon with a password.

#2 2008-06-03 09:17:24

alistairlee

Re: File Share Pod Restrictions?

Hey Creed,

That should not be the case.  Any participants in the meeting (whether they've logged in or not) should be download content from the download pod.  I'm not sure what's happening in your situation - but it's not the expected behavior.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2008-06-03 13:17:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

This may come up if the content is not listed as public on the server, but I don't believe that that is the correct behavior. Just to be sure, as the manager of that piece of content, you should set the permissions of it to Publicly viewable and see if that changes the behavior.

#4 2008-06-03 15:18:40

**_creed_**

Thank you Jorma.
That was exactly what was going on.  I had never run into it before as this was the first time that I set a file up for downloading that I had previously placed in the content directory on the server (where everything had permissions set to "same as parent" by default). 

In the past I had simply uploaded files from my computer, so my guess is that those have the permissions automatically set to Public.
-Craig

Board footer