Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-14 19:45:31

**_tpettijohn_**

Adobe Connect Add-in for Microsoft Outlook V3.0

I recently downloaded and installed Adobe Connect Add-in for Microsoft Outlook V3.0 from http://www.connectusers.com/downloads/

This is supposedly the most recent version of the MS Outlook add-in for Connect (as of May 25, 2011).

I ran the installer, it installed the necessary prerequiste files and then installed the add-in.

I launched Outlook, received a message to configure the outlook add-in.  I configured it.  Provided my user name, password, server name, default meeting room, etc.

The 'Add' and 'Preferences' buttons/icons that were added to my outlook toolbars appear to function properly.  However, when I click the 'Select' or 'Create' buttons/icons, I received the following error message from the adobe connect outlook add-in "add-in failed to initialize configuration file.  see log file."

Additionally, after closing and reopening MS Outlook 2007, I was again prompted to configure the add-in.  When I checked, the preferences (user name, password, server name, etc.) were empty and I had to reconfigure the outlook add-in again.

I unstalled the outlook add-in, reinstalled it, reconfigured it.  Same thing. "add-in failed to initialize configuration file.  see log file."  and the configuration did not stick, even after verifying that I had clicked the Logon button (received a green check).

So, where are the configuration and log files located so that I can review them in order to troubleshoot this issue?

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to correct it?

Thank you,

Tom

#2 2011-06-15 05:57:22

**_Purnima_**

Re: Adobe Connect Add-in for Microsoft Outlook V3.0

Hey you can find the log files AdobeConnectOLAddinErrorLogger.txt file from your Local Settings\Application Data folder

Just copy paste the content here and may be i can be of help.

Even i use the addin. Once it shows login, i never faced any issue. May be logs can help. By any chance did you check "always use SSL". There is some issue with it and i have already reported it to Adobe.

#3 2011-06-15 11:55:08

**_tpettijohn_**

Thank you for your reply.  I was NOT able to find the log file you mentioned. 

I did not use the "always connect using SSL" check box.  That was not the issue.  With "always connect using SSL" checked, the add-in did not work at all because it could not log me into my Connect servers.

The issue I reported above has now seems to have resolved itself.  The 'Select' and 'Create' buttons/icons now function.  Additionally, now that the add-in is configured, it appears to remain configured when I close and reopen Outlook.

The last thing I did was configure the add-in (logon id, password, server name, default meeting room, etc.), click the Login button (recieved the green check), clicked the OK button, and then I closed Outlook.  Later when I opened Outlook, the Outlook add-in worked.

No idea why it did not initially work after first installing and configuring.  No idea why it is working now.  I guess we can close this thread and mark it resolved.  Thanks again for your reply.

#4 2011-06-16 02:34:03

**_Purnima_**

That's good to hear that Addin is now working. Please go ahead and close the thread by marking it resolved.

#5 2012-10-03 16:02:18

**_icespedes_**

Purnima wrote:

Hey you can find the log files AdobeConnectOLAddinErrorLogger.txt file from your Local Settings\Application Data folder

Just copy paste the content here and may be i can be of help.

Even i use the addin. Once it shows login, i never faced any issue. May be logs can help. By any chance did you check "always use SSL". There is some issue with it and i have already reported it to Adobe.

I have the same problem but it has not "solved itself".  This is what the AdobeConnectOLAddinErrorLogger.txt says (it's in Spanish, but the error reads something like "The access path cannot be null") and my username/password and server are all correct:

Date      :   03/10/2012
Time      :   02:47 p.m.
Error     :   La ruta de acceso no puede ser nula.
Nombre del par

Board footer