Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-08-20 12:13:49

**_pafell_**

Adobe Connect 9 & Adobe Connect Desktop

In the notes on the Download page for "Adobe Connect Desktop" it states that the current version of Connect Desktop is not compatible with Adobe Connect 9 or above.  Can someone from Adobe advise whether a new version of Connect Desktop will be released in conjunction with Connect 9 and/or whether that version will be backward compatible with recordings/meeting rooms created in Connect 8?

Also, it appears that content in a "File Share" pod is not downloadable when using the "Play Local" option.  Is that not currently supported or do I not have something configured properly?

Thanks.

#2 2012-09-10 16:37:32

**_SanjayConnect_**

Re: Adobe Connect 9 & Adobe Connect Desktop

There are no plans to release a new version of Adobe Connect Desktop that is compatible with Adobe Connect 9.

--Sanjay Agrawal
Senior Product Manager, Adobe Connect

#3 2012-09-11 05:52:48

**_pafell_**

Re: Adobe Connect 9 & Adobe Connect Desktop

Sanjay, thank you for the reply.  Does this mean that Adobe has no intention of providing a tool for standalone playback of recordings?  If so, that is disappointing news. 

I have never been a big fan of Connect Desktop (I thought it was slow, clunky and confusing to the user) but at least it provided a mechanism for playback when an Internet connection wasn't available.

Board footer