Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-07 04:18:32

**_flys_**

sharing audio files

Hello to all,
i have some problem with sharing the audio in meetings: i have video in .mov with audio but users can't hear the audio. The video works fine but the audio dont.
I tried single mp3, wav, i tried quicktime, videolan, browser, but nothing change, users can't hear audio.

Do you have any idea to how to solve this problem ? I'm testing Connect with simple free trial account, could be this the problem ?

Thanks in advance
Ciccio

duplicate post removed by moderator

#2 2012-09-07 11:17:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: sharing audio files

Screen sharing shares the image only of your screen. Also, in terms of video, screen sharing runs at about 3-5 frames per second (FPS) where your video is likely running at 30 FPS. So your attendees are only seeing ~10% of the visual information from your video.

The solution, convert your video to an FLV, upload it to the share pod and play it back for everyone there. The video will be clean and the audio will play with it.

#3 2012-09-07 11:46:44

**_flys_**

hello and thanks for reply.

I following many many classes where teacher was sharing quicktime video, file audio, just by sharing his screen and hit play in each file he want to make us see and hear. No conversion, no flv.

Anyway thanks a lot for reply and i'll try with flv, while i found how to share .mov file properly.

Thanks
Ciccio

#4 2012-09-07 11:59:46

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Since Adobe Connect uses the Flash player to deliver the meeting and it's content, you need to use media files that are supported by the Flash Player. MOV videos are not supported. There are many free video conversion tools out there, and I'm sure there are some that people here like to use. I've always like the AVS suite of products as they are affordable ($59 for all products with lifetime support and updates) and they work.

http://www.avs4you.com if you want to explore that option.

If teachers were sharing MOV videos previously, it must have been with a different application.

#5 2012-09-07 12:13:55

**_flys_**

I past last 2 years by following class in Adobe connect and studying video file in quicktime format .... but if you say that they using another application.... it's ok ;)

Anyway i've uploaded an flv to the pod but how  can i do to play the video sharing it in the class ?

Thanks in advance

Ciccio

#6 2012-09-07 12:29:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Just press the play button on the lower left corner. The Host/Presenter will control the video play back for everyone. Participants will not be able to control the video playback.

#7 2012-09-07 12:40:21

**_flys_**

I have no play button, just the window with the list of the files uploaded from my mac.

this is a screen grab:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13612742/connect_pods.jpg

Thank you.
Ciccio

#8 2012-09-07 14:35:36

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Upload the video to the share pod, not the Files pod. The Files pod is like an FTP pod. Just use the drop down next to Share my screen then Share Documents, and browse to it on your computer.

Sharing%20Document.jpg

#9 2012-09-07 15:46:44

**_flys_**

yes thanks, i did it but flv are not good for my class, we need to browse frame by frame the video, thing that i can't do this way....

I'll look forward to discover how to share mov file with audio

Anyway thanks a lot for your help

Ciccio

Board footer