Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-08-27 10:08:28

**_suanz_**

Polling results for concurrent sessions in same meeting room combinned

My compny is using Adobe Connect 7.5. I need to run concurrent meetings that are approx 10-15 minutes apart, and I also have polling during these sessions. I am using the same meeting roo for all these sessions, as well as the same poll questions.

I realised that despite having run 3 meetings today, they are being recognised as one session, and my polling results for all 3 sessions are combined/recorded into one session.

Is it because my sessions are too close to each other? What is the optimum gap between sessions so that I can have the separate poll results for each session?

Is there a way around this?

Thank you in advance.

#2 2012-08-27 11:08:06

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Polling results for concurrent sessions in same meeting room combinned

For a session to end in Connect (I believe this was true in 7.5 as well), you need to have the room empty (no one in it including the host) for 7-15 min, or use the End Meeting the Start Meeting feature.

This is because Connect has no way of identifying if you are in two different sessions, or if there was a network issue. Especially, if you remain in the room, then the room was occupied through the entire time you were running the 3 meetings, so it has no way of identifying when each meeting ends or begins.

I would test the End Meeting and then Starting the meeting back up to see if it creates a new session, but you will also want to be careful about using that feature as it does boot everyone out of the room, so you want to make sure that you don't have any early arrivals for your next meeting when you do it.

#3 2012-08-27 22:09:13

**_suanz_**

Thank you for the advice.

I have tested End Meeting but it didn't help.

If possible, I would really like to use only one meeting room for my series of meeting instead of creating multiple meeting rooms.

#4 2012-08-29 09:21:34

**_peterryce_**

It has been a while since I used Connect 7.5, and I'm afraid I don't have access to an old account to test with, but I believe that if you "close" the poll in the meeting, and later "open" the poll again - they will be captured as two separate sets of data. I think there is even a poll menu item that says 'clear previous results' or something to that effect. As long as you have closed the poll previously you should be able to clear the data without losing the results.

IHTH.

Board footer