Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-13 16:27:50

alistairlee

Meeting Countdown Timer

If anyone is looking for a countdown timer, I've just posted a new one to the Adobe Exchange.

The flash timer runs in your Connect meeting to let participants know when the meeting is about to begin or resume.

The host of the meeting can customize the text displayed to the user and easily set the time by using a slider or by simply typing it in. 

The timer is synchronized so participants will all see the same time remaining in minutes - while the host of the meeting sees the time down to the second.

CountDownTimer2.jpg

#2 2010-05-24 18:53:33

**_JWalker_**

Re: Meeting Countdown Timer

Hello,

I'm unable to find this on exchange - did it get removed?

#3 2010-06-01 04:29:43

**_jrommers_**

Hi Walker,

You can find it here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i … &loc=en_us

Thanks Alistair! Very handy extension. Especially when one has multiple time zones participating the meeting.

Last edited by **_jrommers_** (2010-06-01 04:30:35)

#4 2011-09-01 16:22:13

**_srm2011_**

Alistair, I like the countdown timer, but would like to use a different graphic. Is it possible to get the code?

To use a different graphic, I'm trying to create a new countdown timer in Flash 4. It has two dynamic text fields - one for the current time and one for the countdown time left. The current time updates fine for host and participants.

The countdown time doesn't start counting down until the s key is pressed. The problem is that when the host pressing s, the countdown begins for the host but not for the participant. The participant also has full control of the timer. So the participant can press the s key to begin the countdown on the participant's computer.

Uploading this swf to a pod does not have the sync button. It's acting like it's running two separate non-synced instances of the swf, one for the host and one for the participant? Also not sure how to control whether or not the swf displays the sync button in a pod.

Does anyone have any tips?

#5 2011-09-02 11:37:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The pod in this thread may be for Connect 7, and wouldn't function properly in Connect 8. Have you tested this version of the pod, http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconn … timer.html?

You can find this pod and the other pods currently available for Connect at at the Extend page for Connect, http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/extend.html.

#6 2012-01-16 13:29:04

**_kmccathran_**

Alistair,

I have been using this timer for my AMA classes for a while now and just ran into a sync problem. Everytime I set the timer, the instructor has a 2 min time difference. He and I are both on Macs. When I set the timer to 5 min, it reads 3 min for him. If he sets it to 5 min, it reads 7 min for me. Any idea why?

#7 2012-01-17 15:12:06

**_CCWWW_**

We had this problem with the timer also.  Three of us were logged on as hosts, and we were all seeing a different time on the screen.

#8 2012-01-17 16:49:01

**_kmccathran_**

My guess is the time difference is a Flash player issue. But, he & I both updated to the latest 11.1.102.55 (is that a long enough version number, or what!?). So it may be that I'm running Mac OS Lion 10.7.2 and he's running 10.5.x

#9 2012-02-29 07:23:05

**_Starter_**

Alistair,

thanks for posting the countdown timer.
As srm2011 already asked, is it possible to get the code? I would like to use the timer with another graphic aswell.

#10 2012-03-17 13:24:44

**_plagiavlitis_**

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to find all these applications (on http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconn … .edu.html) available for connect v. 7.5 ?

Thank you all

#11 2012-05-15 12:20:40

**_kmccathran_**

I'm running into a new problem with the Countdown timer. It doesn't work for anyone (Hosts, Presenters & Students) when I set the time (starting last week). I can have another host set it and all is good. I am running Mac OS Lion 10.7.4 with Flash plug-in #11.2.202.235 & Connect Add-in addin_mac_r96 (for Lion).

#12 2012-06-25 04:58:20

**_RobertPattinson_**

Very handy extension. Especially when one has multiple time zones participating the meeting.

#13 2012-08-09 13:40:50

**_billgordon_**

I'm looking for a countdown timer for my classes. That green one works well - EXCEPT - I need one that can deal with intervals like 90 seconds. This one only can handle full minute intervals. Any thoughts out there?

#14 2012-08-10 18:26:44

**_billgordon_**

I've been looking for some countdown timers to use in my classes in Connect 8. I found some very fun ones (SWF files) but when I upload them, I get a pop up that says this app (the timer) requires flash 10 or better and Connect 8 does not support them. I'm suprised that an Adobe app does not have or support the current versions of flash. What are the prospects for Version 9 supporting apps for the latest versions of flash?

#15 2012-08-14 11:59:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Connect 9 should be a Flash Player 10.3 (I think) compatible application. However, it is the add-in that forces to that version of the FP. If you are attending the meeting through your browser, then it uses the version that is installed locally of FP.

The reduced version of FP used for Connect is to help make attendance easy, even for those in locked down environments that tend to be a few versions behind.

Board footer