Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-07 14:47:27

**_jason54_**

Making Offline Recordings in Connect 7

From what I have heard so far about Connect 7, in order to make a stand-alone FLV video of a meeting, you have to click to make an offline recording and let the recording playback in real-time as it makes the FLV file.  Is there a way to create the FLV file as the meeting is in progress instead of playing back the recording after the fact?

Thanks!

#2 2008-05-09 14:19:06

alistairlee

Re: Making Offline Recordings in Connect 7

There's no way to create the FLV file while the meeting is in progress.  While it does need to be played back in real time, it doesn't have to be the active window - so you can have it minimized while it creates the offline version.

#3 2008-05-09 14:49:29

**_nbirt_**

That's all well and good if it is an occasional thing. However if you are running four hours worth of training five days a week  over four different sessions, that's a lot of recording to keep up with.

#4 2008-05-10 08:42:25

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Perhaps you could write a script to automate this process via the API. We have done a lot of work with integrating Connect with other systems and there isn't too much that you can do manually on the Connect web site that can't be done programatically by an unattended script.

I have not yet seen the new API documentation but there's a good chance that you could make to conversions automatically.

If the API can't do the trick, then other applications like AutoMate (http://www.networkautomation.com/) could provide you with exactly what you need. We use this tool for a wide variety of unattended operations that we schedule on a stand-alone unit.

If you'd like to sub-contract this task to someone, drop me a line and we can chat.

Regards,

Terry

Board footer