Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-06 18:05:30

**_benm_**

Questions regarding Connect 7 Pro.

I have a couple of questions regarding the new version of connect.

There have been changed to the home page 'Connect Central', do I have controll over which tabs are shown here for end users? Can i set which tab is open by default?

Also can i get access to a test or preview version before general release so I can update user documentation?

#2 2008-05-07 14:04:19

alistairlee

Re: Questions regarding Connect 7 Pro.

The new home page will remember the last tab the user was on and bring up that tab the next time the user logs into Connect Pro.

The very first time the user logs in to Connect 7, it will display the the "Resources" tab with links to help and documentation.

#3 2008-05-07 17:49:40

**_benm_**

Hmm annoying, so basically there is now going to be an extra click for users who are trying to access courses. That was one of the things I loved about Connect, as soon as you logged in there was the courses the user had to take.

End users don't need to see rescources, thats great for admin users but 99% of the people taking training.

I suppose i have to to take the good with the bad, at least there is better reporting functionality.

#4 2008-05-07 18:13:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I've never experienced this "feature" of the new Server. Every time I logged into the Connect 7 Enterprise Server I start on the home page, just like in Connect 6.

Last edited by **_Jorma_at_RealEyes_** (2008-05-07 18:20:06)

#5 2008-05-07 18:27:53

**_benm_**

Thanks Jorma, perhaps you only get this "Connect Central" page if you are an Administrator.

#6 2008-05-09 14:17:04

alistairlee

I believe you'll get it regardless of your role - but you won't have to do an extra click each time.

Connect Central will 'remember' which view you use and always give you that view.  It's only the very first time you access the web pages that it will present the 'Resources' tab.

Board footer