Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-06 16:17:13

**_CS_**

Connect Events-- does it exist?

I'm hoping someone here has an answer, because I'm close to giving up in frustration.  My company bought a hosted version of Connect Pro a couple months ago.  The Adobe partner company who sold it to us said they couldn't sell us the Connect Events module, because Adobe was going to discontinue it, and sold us their own event management module instead.  But quite frankly, their event management module is really not ready for prime-time.

So I'm trying to figure out if Connect Events actually does still exist-- the website seems to indicate that it does, and when I called Adobe, two different people there said they thought it was still being sold, but they weren't really sure about it.  The lack of a Connect Events forum here would seem to indicate that it doesn't exist (or won't soon).

Does anyone have concrete information one way or the other?  (All I want is registration and reporting capabilities for webinars and on-demand events.  How can it be this hard?)

Thanks.

#2 2008-05-06 17:06:21

**_gprivat_**

Re: Connect Events-- does it exist?

Yes Connect Events still exists.

#3 2008-05-06 18:00:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Call your Connect Reseller and ask or feel free to email me and I can help you get the Connect Events tool if you want it.

#4 2008-05-06 22:46:05

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Connect Events was removed from the price list by Adobe and then resurrected because of customer demand. That's why so many people are confused.

However, it's a hefty price to pay if all you are looking for is a web-based registration site - remember that the fee is an annual license.

We often install a Moodle-based front end for our clients that's tightly integrated with Connect Pro and in addition to registration, it provides you with optional payment gateways to collect your registration fees, direct access to live and recorded events as well as ancillary course materials.

I'd be happy to show and discuss both options with you if you want to examine all of your options.

#5 2008-05-07 09:59:28

**_jameslloyd_**

Terry - can Connect and Moodle be successfully integrated if both are hosted at separate locations? 

Is Moodle updated with every transaction or is it a 'nightly' syncrhronization?

#6 2008-05-07 12:47:27

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Hi James,

They're almost always hosted at separate locations. TYpically, the Connect Pro account is hosted by Adobe while the Moodle installation can be on a server anywhere.

The synchronization is all real time:

Add a Moodle User, you have a new user on your Adobe account.
Edit the Moodle User and the changes are immediately reflected on your Adobe account - even password changes are done in real time since the same password is used for both accounts.
Delete the user from Moodle and the matching Connect user vanishes.

As Moodle users enroll in courses, matching "groups" show up on the Connect server and the Connect user is automatically added to the group. Same goes for unenrollments too.

The integration is totally seamless and instantaneous so your Moodle users don't even know there are two different systems working together behind the scenes.

This solution works well for single meeting events where you just need a registration front end (register once and then enroll in a single event or multiple events) or where you want a full-blown course and content management system with optional payment gateways.

Regards,

Terry

#7 2008-05-08 15:29:42

**_redbird_**

We have used Events within the past week - it's still there. And I just got my invoice for our contract renewal for the upcoming year and Events is there. We are planning to use it from time to time, so I hope it sticks around. I have not heard anything from my Adobe partner about it being discontinued but I will check.

Board footer