Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-04-25 16:09:52

**_eaksoy_**

hosted vs license

We are considering signing up for the hosted version of Connect. However, I read some negative postings regarding slow response time, the service being down, etc. I couldn't find a SLA for the hosted version. I would like to hear from other hosted users their experience with the service. Thanks!

#2 2008-04-25 16:46:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: hosted vs license

EULA: SLA is in Section 13 in this document (page 73): http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdf … 292007.pdf

Last edited by **_Jorma_at_RealEyes_** (2008-04-25 16:53:42)

#3 2008-04-30 20:56:18

**_dshaffer_**

I'm an IT Manager at a mid-size software company (650 employees). Three years ago I lobbied successfully to switch from Live Meeting to Breeze (we use all of the available modules). I'm glad to say it's been a very positive experience. Our users need little training for the typical meeting. We use the hosted environment for software demos, sales meetings and collaboration between offices. Additionally, we create training modules with the integrated authoring tools. In the past three years, I can recall three minor complaints re: performance (root cause was questionable in all cases) and I'm aware of only a single unscheduled outage (for approx. 45 minutes).

In my experience, it's been one of the most stabile business applications supporting my company, both hosted and internally. I give Connect two thumbs up. Hope this helps.

#4 2008-05-05 16:33:41

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

We generally suggest the hosted version for all our clients because it's a trouble-free solution that's always up-to-date and it will never strain your already stretched IT resources.

One of my clients spent over $100,000 with another reseller who sold them an in-house solution but they ultimately found that they were better off with a hosted environment.

They purchased 15 named user licenses from us for a small fraction of the price they paid they other guys and have never looked back since.

Unless you have a very good reason for keeping this all behind your firewalls, hosted is the way to go every time.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Terry

#5 2008-05-06 18:01:13

**_benm_**

Stability wise Connect is okay, we have some outages here and there but if it does go down it tends to be only for five minutes or so. However Technical support is horrible, I have had tickets open for over 6 months before i got an adquate responce.

That said I find the product really good! It is also significantly cheaper than similar options which is always good.

Board footer