Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-21 14:27:18

**_stevefister_**

Connect Custom Fields

Has anybody worked with custom fields via the XML API? From looking at the documentation, it appears you can set up to 8 custom fields for a particular Principal OR SCO. The documentation also eludes to the fact that when you set a custom field, you can manage the value of it from within the Connect Enterprise Manager. However, I cannot see my custom field here.

If you have worked with custom fields and can shed some more light on them and how they work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

<steve>

#2 2008-07-22 23:21:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Connect Custom Fields

Are you talking about custom fields for new users within your system?

The best place to find that would be to go in and add a custom field through the Users and Group tool. Then with the custom field added, mouse over that field and look at the URL path at the bottom of your screen. Towards the end you will see an x- value. If the custom field is a predefined field, organization for example, it will show x-organization, or something similar. If the field is truly custom, I always like to use CC Number, it will show one of two things. If your hosted it will be X-123456789 (7 to 9 digits) or if you are licensed it will show x-12345 (5 digits).

Hope that helps.

#3 2008-07-23 10:52:08

**_stevefister_**

I'm not looking to use custom fields for users. I need to create custom fields for objects (SCOs). The documentation says that you can create custom fields for SCOs AND Principals (Users)...but I don't think that's correct. Can you verify this?

Thanks!

#4 2012-05-09 08:23:04

**_dendrophile_**

I have certainly create custom fields on meetings.

HTH,
Dendrophile

Board footer