Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-17 09:10:31

**_joefoxman_**

How to keep your custom pod updated for all users

When we create our custom pod it is setup as shared content for only the users that need access to it. What is the proper way to push updates and ensure that all users have the latest pod code?

#2 2012-01-17 09:58:25

alistairlee

Re: How to keep your custom pod updated for all users

Hey Joe,

There's no automated updated built into the SDK yet (though Adobe is looking at the possiblity). 

Some developers choose to check the current version of the app against the latest version via a call to a web service on their own independent server.  If the versions don't match, they pop up a message with a link to the latest version.

It's not ideal since the copy in the 'Shared Content' library doesn't necessarily get updated this way - but it's the best solution I've seen so far.

#3 2012-01-17 10:00:07

**_joefoxman_**

Do you know of a way to disable a custom pod? Not hide it but if we find issues during our testing phase, how do we remove or unpublish from a group of users? 

So we essentially need to know if there is a way to remove the custom pod so nobody can use it from our code or the server side.

#4 2012-01-19 05:56:48

**_CastanedaAngelica_**

joefoxman wrote:

Do you know of a way to disable a custom pod? Not hide it but if we find issues during our testing phase, how do we remove or unpublish from a group of users? 

So we essentially need to know if there is a way to remove the custom pod so nobody can use it from our code or the server side.

Interesting idea. This would be great if such pod existed as it's sometimes urgent to me to let nobody use my code.

PDF Editor

Board footer