Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-06 17:50:09

**_kildebeck_**

Using Articulate Engage within Presenter

Does anyone have experience using Articulates' Engage within Adobe Presenter? At my previous company I used Articulate Presenter and its accompanying product Engage. However at a new company they use Adobe Presenter. I'd like to at least use Engage if I can. I'm having trouble figuring out how a published Engage interaction, with all of its associated files, can run within an Adobe Presenter course.

#2 2008-03-12 15:14:58

**_Senseimike_**

Re: Using Articulate Engage within Presenter

Kildebeck,

Yes, it is possible to utilize engage within Adobe Presenter. However, there is no direct publishing such as there is with Articulate Presenter. 

To accomplish this...do the following:

1. Utilize presenter menu to insert flash.
2. Insert the engage.swf file from your engage output file.
3. Publish your Presenter presentation.
4. Copy your engage_content folder.
5. Open up your Presenter output folder.
6. Go to the data folder.
7. Now open the resources folder.
8. You will see your flash file now named something along the lines of "embedded flash ##"
9. Paste your engage_content folder into the resources folder.
10. Rename your engage_content folder to match the name of the flash file.  For example, if your flash file is named embedded_flash_283, then your content folder should be renamed to embedded_flash_283_content

The flash movie in presenter will now be able to find the resources it needs to run the engage presentation.

1 Note:

1. Place a wait for user command in the slide where the engage flash file is located. This will allow it to load.

I hope this helps!

Mike

#3 2008-08-19 06:16:13

**_dustinb_**

Mike:
This does work, everything you stated works great.  However, when inserting the Engage interactions, as you mention it removes portions of any quizes once you publish.  If you inturn, remove the swf (engage slide) and re-publish the quiz works as expected.

I have also tried inserting Articulate quizes from Quizmaker, thinking that by not using Adobe quizes that would solve the problem, however, I can't figure out how to import Quizmaker quizes.

Any ideas..  Anyone?

I really don't want to go back to using Articulate to publish, as Adobe has much better quality.

Dustin

#4 2011-05-17 11:39:09

**_mikeh78_**

How do I write the "wait for user command"?

Senseimike wrote:

Kildebeck,

Yes, it is possible to utilize engage within Adobe Presenter. However, there is no direct publishing such as there is with Articulate Presenter. 

To accomplish this...do the following:

1. Utilize presenter menu to insert flash.
2. Insert the engage.swf file from your engage output file.
3. Publish your Presenter presentation.
4. Copy your engage_content folder.
5. Open up your Presenter output folder.
6. Go to the data folder.
7. Now open the resources folder.
8. You will see your flash file now named something along the lines of "embedded flash ##"
9. Paste your engage_content folder into the resources folder.
10. Rename your engage_content folder to match the name of the flash file.  For example, if your flash file is named embedded_flash_283, then your content folder should be renamed to embedded_flash_283_content

The flash movie in presenter will now be able to find the resources it needs to run the engage presentation.

1 Note:

1. Place a wait for user command in the slide where the engage flash file is located. This will allow it to load.

I hope this helps!

Mike

#5 2011-05-19 11:33:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

In Adobe Presenter, go to Slide Manager. On the slide with the SWF file, change the "Wait for user" command from no to yes.

#6 2011-11-09 15:45:30

**_SueL28_**

I've tried the solution posted above in Senseimike's post of 3/12/2008 but the graphics in my Engage file don't appear when the Engage is in Adobe Presenter.  I just upgraded to Adobe presenter 7.07 and can't get this to work.  I've renamed the engage content folder as directed above.  Can anyone advise?  Thanks very much.

#7 2011-11-09 20:03:21

**_redhatperl_**

Try this with Adobe Presenter 7.0.6 ..

#8 2011-12-07 10:06:50

**_SueL28_**

Hi,
I can't go back a version.  We're all on the same one.  Any other suggestions?  I got the Engage to come in the presentation but my graphics are missing.

Thanks very much.

Board footer