Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-29 13:14:17

**_wsipc-mike_**

Pulling user stats thru API

I am creating an app to gather Connect user information. In the standard UI, I see there is a report to list each user account and how many total mintutes they have spent logged in. Can this same information be pulled via the API?

I could not find a reference to it on the Connect 8 integration page: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/8.0 … index.html

Can it even be done?

Thanks.

#2 2011-11-30 08:40:31

**_bklaas_**

Re: Pulling user stats thru API

The action you are looking for is

report-meeting-attendance

The report doesn't aggregate total minutes by user. Instead, there's a record for each time someone entered and then left the meeting room, so you get a record for that segment of time spent in the meeting. If you want to calculate the total time spent in the room, that's something you have to calculate yourself.

Last edited by **_bklaas_** (2011-11-30 08:41:23)

#3 2011-11-30 08:46:49

**_bklaas_**

Oh, and the docs are a little misleading. The date-created and date-end value for an individual participant aren't the dates on which the meeting started and ended. It's the time that the individual joined and then left the meeting.

#4 2011-12-01 10:27:24

**_wsipc-mike_**

It's that term 'participant' that confuses me. All of my users are Meeting Hosts and all of them create their own meetings (attended by various guests). Will this track a Host entering their own meeting?

Regardless, I guess the short answer to my question is 'no'. It's odd that the API doesn't provide a way to pull this information directly -- given that the Connect database already has a table specifically for it.

I have found it's very helpful when that one "squeaky wheel" employee insists that just have to have a Connect account because they use it "all the time". It's very satisfying to run the report and show them that they have only been logged in a total of 17 minutes over the last 12 months >;)

Board footer