Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-09-19 16:02:37

**_flushmaverick_**

Presenter mis-formats quiz answer options upon publishing

Hello,

I'm running Presenter 7.0.7 with PowerPoint 2007, and I've noticed that when I publish slides with quiz questions on them, the answer options on multiple choice questions sometimes stack on top of each other.  I thought I had found a workaround by autofitting the text boxes, moving the boxes a little, and then re-publishing, but that doesn't seem to work anymore - it also takes a while to publish slides, so the trial-and-error approach to finding a fix is pretty time-consuming. 

Has anyone fixed this problem before? I haven't found any threads mentioning a similar problem.

Here's a picture of what I see after publishing the slides:
6gx2ch.jpg
(I've been publishing the slides to my computer as opposed to the Connect server, if that makes a difference.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#2 2011-09-19 20:10:38

**_heywardjr_**

Re: Presenter mis-formats quiz answer options upon publishing

You should never touch those boxes that are created by Presenter. They are placed there on purpose that way. Once you upload the powerpoint, the Adobe Presenter conversion engine converts them to Adobe Flash so they can stream properly in Adobe Connect.

#3 2011-09-20 10:11:06

**_flushmaverick_**

I see.  I guess I'll have to find some way to deal with the header and footer that I've been told that I am required to include on all the slides, since the header typically makes a portion of the questions that Presenter generates unreadable. 

I think I'll just take the header and footer off and see what happens.  Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot that some questions are partially generated off the slide, so I am getting a fair amount of formatting issues.

jfc2a1.jpg

Last edited by **_flushmaverick_** (2011-09-20 10:46:57)

#4 2011-09-20 19:29:16

**_dhwalker_**

I realize Heyward says not to do it but I have had some success moving and reformating the answers in Presenter. As long as you use PowerPoint 2007 or later and as long as you NEVER ungroup them.
When I have had anomalies like the ones you are describing I have sometime found it's best to simply delete the question and create it again from scratch.
Hope this helps.

#5 2011-09-23 10:48:14

**_flushmaverick_**

I think I have a bit of a handle on this now. 

Here's what I was doing - I published the slideshows on my computer, and went through the "index.htm" file on Google Chrome.  As long as I used Chrome to look at the published slideshow, I would see those mis-formatted questions (and different quiz slides would be mis-formatted every time I re-opened the same file).

So far, it looks like opening the "index.htm" files in Internet Explorer 8 (I don't have IE9) makes everything appear correctly.

In any case, I appreciate both of you guys giving this a shot!

#6 2011-10-07 10:39:39

**_dennis_**

Hello,

If you never move them then how do you handle the formatting issue?

I often have boxes that need to be resized to fit on the screen (like the items here) and have not given much thought to moving them.

Any suggestions on how to handle other than moving?

Thank you!

Board footer