Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-09-26 09:18:41

**_pafell_**

Video not playing correctly in Captivate 5 project

I have created a Captivate project based on a PowerPoint presentation.  I inserted an FLV video spanning the entire deck of PowerPoint slides (as slide video, not sidebar video) and adjusted the timing of the slide changes to correspond to the correct points in the video.

When I play back the project it starts out OK but occasionally will stop and say "Loading..." on top of the video for a second or two and then resume playing.  Once in a while when this message is displayed it even backs up a few seconds and replays something it already played.

It gets even worse when I make a course using this project as the content for the course.  If a person views the Captivate project and then closes it before reaching the end, when they return it attempts to resume where it left off and the video starts at the beginning (regardless of the slide it is showing).  It then makes several attempts to correctly synchronize itself (with the "Loading..." message).  Eventually it becomes properly synchronized but the user experience is terrible for 20-30 seconds while it stops and starts trying to find the correct point in the video.

Is anyone aware of a problem in video streaming in Captivate 5.0.2 and whether there is a workaround?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Paul

Board footer