Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-17 14:30:03

**_jamerson_**

FLV component not loading

Hey, I'm trying to create a simple little swf file that contains the flv component. I'm then just setting the source of that to an flv file. I have the swf, the flv and skin in a zip file which I then upload to the library. When I try to play it in the room however the swf file just will not load, the share pod just displays a white screen and it remains until I stop sharing.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully like this, or does the flv file have to be held externally. I don't want to just upload the flv file directly to the pod as I want to gather information about it and send it back to the host. Seem to be falling over at the first hurdle here though.

Thanks
James

All the code I'm using is:

stop();
import fl.video.*;

function playVideo(event:VideoEvent):void
{
    vidObj.play();
}

vidObj.autoPlay = false;
var URLFind:URLFinder = new URLFinder(this);//Find url of swf file

vidObj.source = URLFind.swfRootPath + "test.flv";

vidObj.addEventListener(VideoEvent.READY, playVideo);

#2 2011-08-18 14:11:02

**_catholicon_**

Re: FLV component not loading

Are you able to load this zip file as content?
BTW, what's the name of your main swf file. If I remember correctly, it must be 'index.swf' for Connect to identify which file to load when the zip package is uploaded.

#3 2011-08-21 11:23:49

alistairlee

catholicon is correct - your main SWF file must be called 'index.swf'

If you're using Adobe Connect 8, you might also want to try elminating the logic around finding the path.  In my experience, AC8 custom pods can find other files in the ZIP with a direct reference (i.e. vidObj.source = 'test.flv';)

#4 2011-09-14 09:33:25

**_jamerson_**

Yep I had it set as index.swf, not really sure happened. I tried uploading it the next day (same file) and it worked, nearly fell off my chair in surprise. Anyway, thanks for the help, all seems to be working now.

Board footer