Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-21 14:08:09

**_SusanMac_**

New user - Workflow with Connect question

Hi Everyone -- I am having a bit of a hard time understanding how to handle quizzes that I create in Adobe Presenter.

I have been asked to set up our internal compliance training in our Adobe Connect account ASAP.

- A coworker of mine will be recording the actual trainings using Adobe Presenter.  I had planned on having her publish her content to our Adobe Connect Server. 
- I am responsible for setting up all of the quizzes, launching them to the appropriate folks, tracking, etc.

How do I package this all up and send it out to our employees?
- should I take her Presenter file and add my quiz to the end (if so, can we create these things separately on our own computers and put them together?)... then
1. publish that to our Adobe Connect site
2. create a new meeting and choose this piece of content for my meeting
3. invite the specific employees that are to view it
...when they go to the link, the class will just start with my coworkers presentation, followed by my quiz which they should be able to interact with and I should be able to track it all through my Connect site?

I am struggling because while I find lots about creating quizzes and content - I am not finding actual workflow instructions. 

I was also wondering if anyone does it in separate steps... like: launch her content out to everyone and then launch the quiz later to different groups.  If you do this... once again - do I just set two different 'meetings' with the pieces of content attached....

finally ( :  If anyone could tag on how curriculim may help me that would be great..there are so many resources, I am having a hard time finding what I need!

Sorry if this was confusing.  I would appreciate any feedback!  I am the Administrator of the account.

#2 2011-04-21 21:26:42

**_Daniel_**

Re: New user - Workflow with Connect question

Susan,

There are lots of ways to do it. You could either add your quizzes to the end of your colleague's powerpoint files, or create separate powerpoint files that contain the quizzes. Either way you can track the learning. Do you have the training module of Adobe Connect? It may not be necessary to put your content inside of a connect meeting, you could simply push the direct link of the published file to your users and track results. If it is several files though, it may be easier to put them inside a meeting room. I guess it depends on how you plan to have participants move from one module to another. Does that make sense?

If you do have the training module in your Adobe Connect account, this may be a good resource for you http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

While there are a lot of resources out there, some of the tutorials aren't that long and will be well worth your time. Also, do a search in these forums as there is a TON of wisdom from the many users who are active here. You'll probably get some good info in reply to your post from others very soon.

#3 2011-04-22 14:16:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Way to be on this one Daniel!

Ok, so there are a few things to clarify... for your benefit.

First, the only module (or section) of Connect that does users specific tracking is the Training Module. Without that you could use the meeting tool to see who has interacted with the questions, but you don't get to see if they passed or failed.

Next, you can work within your co-workers presentations, just be sure to pass the PPT(X) file and the folder with the same name as the PPT between the two of you. You need them both. However, if you are building a curriculum within Connect, then you can use separate presentations and force the correct work flow through them.

So, assuming you are going to use a Curriculum, and separate presentations, here is what I would do.

- Create the presentations and publish them to Connect. I would personally use the Shared Content library and put all the presentations into one folder.

- Using the training Module, I would create a course from each presentation. I would put them all in a single folder in the Training Library. Your call on the My Training folder or the Shared Training folder. This makes it so there is only one course for this training, instead of letting the curriculum auto create a new course from the content every time you reference it.

- Create a Curriculum and put the Courses in the appropriate order with in the Curriculum.

- Set the prerequisite for each course as the object above it, except for course one, so the learner must take the trainings in order.

- Enroll your staff and set up enrollment and reminder notifications as desired.

Hope that helps.

#4 2011-04-29 08:15:27

**_SusanMac_**

Thank you so much.  This helps a lot.  I did a test course with our sales reps today and all seemed to go well!

#5 2011-08-26 00:32:14

**_sally-anne.deering_**

Hello, i am also new to adobe presenter, i am wondering if anyone can help? - when i publish my quiz either locally or to our connect sever, the quiz questions are in the wrong order, my feedback survey questions about the end-user experience of the module, appear in the middle of the module quizz questions that relate to the content? - rather than at the end
i have taken the presenter tutorial, retraced my settings, and manually adjusted the Go to slide in the settings  task bar .

#6 2011-08-26 06:03:45

**_SusanMac_**

Hi Sally- anne

You probably need to navigate to the slide where you want the quiz to insert.  So, go to the last slide in your content and then start creating your quiz, it will insert there.

#7 2011-08-26 22:29:11

**_sally-anne.deering_**

many thanks Susan, it seems I need to re enter all my questions

Board footer