Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-22 17:35:59

**_Lewisr650_**

Converting Webex ARF recordings to SWF files and using in Presenter?

Has anyone had any success in converting Webex ARF recordings to SWF files and using them in Presenter?  I have tried, but to limited success.  The SWF file gets output but the file appears to be blank when inserted into PPTX using Presenter.

Any thoughts on how to repurpose Webex recordings?

Thanks,
Richard

#2 2011-08-22 17:59:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Converting Webex ARF recordings to SWF files and using in Presenter?

What version of Presenter are you using. You may have to do the upgrade to Presenter 7.0.7 to work with the Webex SWFs if they are AS3 SWFs. Presenter 7.0.6 and earlier is an AS2 tool and wouldn't recognize the AS3 SWF properly.

#3 2011-08-22 18:02:09

**_Lewisr650_**

I am using Presenter 7.0.7, but I'm still not getting the results I would expect.  I get a screen with "undefined resource".  The Webex converter actually outputs FLV for screen and voip as well as a SWF file.

#4 2011-08-23 11:21:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I'd stick with the FLV. I've always had good luck with the FLV versions playing without incident and they tend to look cleaner as well.

#5 2011-08-23 12:25:32

**_Lewisr650_**

Since the voice and video are output in two separate files, how do you synchronize them?

#6 2011-08-23 12:43:40

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I missed that they are two files. You could try using RichFLV or a similar tool to see if you can combine them, but that is a whole new ball of wax.

When you look at the SWF, is it a very small file? It could just be a wrapper calling to the FLV files. You may need to export it to WMV and then convert the WMV to FLV or SWF (FLV preferred).

Board footer