Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-21 08:03:02

**_vedo13_**

Editing in the Preferences Menu

I am using Presenter V7.0.5 with Microsoft Powerpoint.  I have made a presentation, and I cannot, for the life of me, get a presenter photo or biography to stick.  I enter it through the Preferences menu and when I hit "OK" it all disappears.  What is going on?

Thank you for your help.

Chris.

#2 2011-07-21 09:13:02

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Editing in the Preferences Menu

vedo13
The first thing you should do is to update Presenter to version 7.0.6 then try it again to see if it got fixed.

#3 2011-07-21 09:22:56

**_vedo13_**

How do I do that?

#4 2011-07-21 09:47:48

**_gajett_**

in the presenter tab of powerpoint, choose Help | About Adobe Presenter, then close the 'about' screen.  choose help | updates.  (again from the presenter tab)

you may initially see the updates menu under help.  i nearly always need to do the help | about step, then i get to see the updates option.

--g--

#5 2011-07-21 10:06:42

**_vedo13_**

I have a feeling there is a file missing, and I can't find the original CD to re-load the program.  HMMM......  I've contacted our IT dept and I'm waiting......

Oh, when I go to the help tab, as gajett suggested, I can't select the "updates" drop-down.  For some reason, it's unselectable.

#6 2011-07-21 14:21:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You need to have admin rights to your computer to run the Adobe updater (the update function in the help menu). Have your IT department do that as an Admin on your computer and then let us know if that helped.

#7 2011-08-17 15:10:59

**_vedo13_**

ok, I have admin rights.  I have performed the latest updates, and yet, I still cannot get a presenter picture, bio, etc to stick.  HOWEVER, when a co-worker logs onto windows and starts a PPT program and uses ADOBE Presenter, HE CAN.  I must be missing a file or something.
I checked the "disabled" file and there is nothing disabled.  I'm stumped...any ideas??

#8 2011-08-17 17:49:17

**_vedo13_**

Does anyone get this?  I doodled around with various aspects of the information you can enter.  That was the only choice I had, given that I can't find where the files for presenter information are stored to see if I was missing one.  Anyway, I found out that my information would stick IF,
I didn't use a slash in the presenter name.
For example: "Lt/P Chris Azevedo"  DOESN'T WORK
                       "Lieutenant Paramedic Chris Azevedo"  WORKS??!!!

As long as I don't use a slash, it sticks.  Anyone have any idea why this is?  I could find NOTHING about this in the software manual.  BUGGER, that was HARD to figure out.

#9 2011-08-18 02:43:24

**_Purnima_**

Thanks vedo for posting this information here.

All these information is stored in XML format and thus a slash can probably create an issue.

Board footer