Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-17 09:02:52

**_Tgaudreau_**

Trying to Sync a game created in Captivate 5 with Adobe Connect 8

Hi, I have created a game in Captivate 5 for use in vILT sessions in Connect. The facilitator is supposed to be able to manipulate the game (only), allowing the participants to view the activity. When I upload the game to a meeting, the presenter is able to play, but the participants screens don't sync up with the facilitators. I've published the file directly to the connect server without the skin and have access to the sync button within connect. When the sync button is turned on, only the presenter can manipulate the game, and when it is turned off, the participants are able to interact but the screens don't sync up. Can anyone help me with what I might be missing? Since this was created in Captivate, I didn't think I needed to add the Breeze SDK to make this work.

#2 2011-08-17 10:46:10

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Trying to Sync a game created in Captivate 5 with Adobe Connect 8

The behavior you described is exactly what the sync button is supposed to do.
When the sync button is activated the Presenter is in control and the Participants can only watch. When the sync button is disengaged each Participant can interact with the Cap demo but there is no synchronization. If the Presenter then engages the sync button all Participants are brought back to the Presenter's view of the demo.
It sounds like what you want is something in between where the actions of the Participants are somehow retained when the Presenter synchronizes the demo. For that you will probably need to use the SDK and Flash Builder.

#3 2011-08-17 11:05:02

**_Tgaudreau_**

Yes, the problem is that when the sync button is engaged, the participants are not seeing the changes made to the presenters screen. (i.e. when the presenter flips a tile in the game, the participants are not seeing the interaction. It is meant for only the presenter to manipulate the game while the participants watch.

#4 2011-08-17 12:17:07

**_dhwalker_**

Ok. I think I get it now.
Can you tell us a little more about how you are publishing to the Connect server, for instance are you just uploading the swf file or are you actually Publishing to the Connect server from Captivate?
Also explain a little more about the way the Captivate project is designed. Are you using advanced actions, widgets, etc.?

#5 2011-08-17 13:02:50

**_Tgaudreau_**

I am publishing directly from captivate to the connect server. Including metadata box checked. There are no advanced actions or widgets being used. It is a simple "click a box to reveal text" game. There are two slides (don't think this should make a difference). I originally wrote an advanced action to reset the game (Assign/cpCmdnGotoSlide with rdinfoCurrentSlide) but am not using it, although it is still in the advanced actions. I didn't delete it. The reset button works by either advancing to the next slide which is a duplicate or advancing to the previous original slide. Does all this info help??

Board footer