Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-02 11:10:46

**_idevelopweb_**

Advancing to the next Section in a Curriculum

At the end of a section in a curriculum, how do I advance to the next section?

I've created a curriculum with 4 sections that are courses that were created with Presenter and published to Adobe Connect.  Each course has a quiz at the end.  The succesful complete of each exam is required in order to proceed to the next section.

With the successful completion of a quiz, the score is presented with two links, Continue and Review Quiz.  I've tried changing the link for "Continue" to the URL of the next section.  However that does not work.

Closing the window with the section would also work, but can't figure that out as well.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2011-05-02 15:26:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Advancing to the next Section in a Curriculum

The short answer is to put a slide after the quiz results page. The "Continue" button will not do anything unless there is a slide that it can attempt to go to...

Otherwise, why not just close the presentation (you should return to looking at the curriculum) and click Open on the next course?

#3 2011-05-03 09:58:12

**_idevelopweb_**

The problem with closing the presentation is that you're actually closing the browser window and it's not intuitive to the user that is the course of action required.  There should be some type of link within the presentation to either close the current browser or advance to the next section.

#4 2011-05-03 13:43:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Then I would say to set the "if user passes" setting to a URL and, with the curriculum built, put in the URL for the next course. That URL will be different from the content URL and the stand alone course URL, so be sure to grab the one from within the curriculum.

Sounds like you may just want to have the presentation go to a "please close this window and try again slide" if they don't pass. However, you can set up those conditions as you see fit as well.

See if that gets the desired effect.

#5 2011-05-03 13:52:58

**_idevelopweb_**

I tried that as well, but failed to work as well.  I finally added another page after the last quiz page with a link to the next section.  It gets me to where I want to go, but it leaves the parent browser window open.   It would be nice if there was some code that could be added to the link that would close the parent window after the child window opens.

#6 2011-08-13 03:50:36

**_lij025_**

Never faced this issue. Actually shouldn't happen, simply clicking the next button should do the thing for you.

Last edited by **_lij025_** (2011-08-13 03:51:09)

Board footer