Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-28 14:55:25

**_FrankBWalsh_**

Need some help getting started..

Hi everyone,

This should be a basic question so I hope someone can point me in the right direction. My organization subscribes to adobe connect pro through a hosted service. We utilize the platform for delivery of virtual training. We've decided to include in that training 6 flash based activities we'd like a user to undertake. We would like, the results of those activities to be saved to our own site.

I've desited for now a few pieces of code that accomplish this via web service when the flash components are viewed from our own site... I'm using a class i found on the web (http://alducente.wordpress.com/2007/10/ … elease-10/) to communicate with my web services from the flash component to post and retrieve data...

My question is, should i upload the swf's to our hosted adobe connect pro account and display them to the users in a pod.... will it be possible for them to communicate with our own servers which reside on a different domain.

If communication with 3rd party servers is acceptable for a custom swf pod, can someone give me some direction as to how it's accomplished, i'm guessing here that connecting to webservices might be already integrated into a adobe provided library and I might be doing overkill using the alducente code I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Frank Walsh

#2 2011-06-28 20:06:20

**_FrankBWalsh_**

Re: Need some help getting started..

I was able to answer my own question, it works! Now my only question is.... how would one best keep track of user identifying information? I am right now just allowing users to visit a url to launch the adobe connect pro and choose the guest radio button and type in their name... the challenge here is that when a user completes their individual activity...how can i keep track of who they were when they save their results?

My question is: Is there a way that I could have them register in one pod for our site and then access the account information they just created from the other swf pod? Or is a better approach to figure out how to launch the adobe connect pro meeting programatically and somehow have that launch sit behind a login and pass user details to the adobe connect pro platform which I then would access from the swf pod with the connect pro sdk?

Anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks!

#3 2011-06-29 04:05:57

**_ssahai_**

Making calls to third party servers is totally possible. If you are not getting any data in response then everything is ready-to-go. If you want to get some data then you may need a crossdomain.xml on your remote server which will allow the adobeconnect domain ( or anyone for that matter with *).

If it totally up to you how you want the thing to work. CollabSDK will not be a hinder and your swf can act on its own if communicates with other servers. But if you want the data to come through Connect servers then that is problem. If you can have a system where each swf can directly contact with your servers that would be the solution.

#4 2011-06-29 10:06:15

alistairlee

You can create a form (in either Flash or HTML) to register these unknown users.  The form would:
- Use the Adobe Connect API to add the user to the database
- Pass the user credentials to your meeting and launch the meeting

The only downside is that returning visitors who already have a login would either need to use a different URL or you would have to code this exception into your form.

#5 2011-06-29 12:26:24

**_FrankBWalsh_**

I think i found a solution, I can launch the meeting using a guestName that contains a integer which represents the users identity on our server... in brackets like [2392] Frank Walsh....

Now my biggest challenge is, how do i get my SWF's to communicate with connect pro to retrieve the username. From what i'm seeing, I only see the SDK in use in FLEX, I'd like to simply use the syncconnector to retrieve the username, and then I'll extract the number from between the brackets....

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use the sync connector class inside flash as opposed to flex?

#6 2011-08-08 23:55:02

**_wildnettechnologies_**

if we want to discuss the about getting started:
The only downside is that returning visitors who already have a login would either need to use a different URL or you would have to code this exception into your form.

Board footer