Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-18 18:10:27

**_mikesmartinez_**

Captivate SWF File Showing as White Screen in Presenter

I've seen people having this issue but I haven't found a solution yet. I published a Captivate recording to a SWF file. Using Presenter 7.0.5 I insert the SWF file using the Insert SWF tab. When I publish the Presenter presentation the slides with the SWF file show up as blank white screens. I've tried publishing the Captivate file using both AS2 and AS3. A workaround which works is if I convert the PPT 2007 file to PPT 2003, then it works fine, but I would rather not have to do this and just stay in 2007 PPT. BTW I am using Captivate 4.

#2 2011-02-21 17:27:58

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Captivate SWF File Showing as White Screen in Presenter

OK, first you should publish your Captivate content as AS2 for Presenter. Presenter is an AS2 application and AS3 content will not work. Keep this in mind as Captivate 5 will only publish to AS3.

So this can be due to a couple things, but most likely it is due to some play back setting in Captivate. The PPT 07 vs. PPT03 shouldn't make that much of a difference. With your Cp file, do you have it set to auto play in the Preferences menu in Captivate? If not, the it may be looking for a user to click or do something to the project to get it to play. Also, once you insert the Cp SWF into the Presenter presentation, do you associate it with the presentation play bar or just let it play on it's own?

Also, what is the SWF file you are inserting? the project.swf or the project_skin.swf?

#3 2011-02-22 11:34:35

**_mikesmartinez_**

I do have the Cp set to Auto Play in preferences. When inserting the file into Presenter, I have both associated it with the playbar and also tried letting it play on its own. I am inserting the .SWF file into Presenter. I don't kow if this matters but after I insert the Cp into the 2007 PWPT, I noticed that an "Assets" fiolder is created whcih contains the SWF, but with 2003 PWPT, there is no "Assets" folder.

#4 2011-02-22 16:05:44

**_mikesmartinez_**

Maybe this has been known for awhile but I just noticed there is a patch to update to 7.0.6. I had version 7.0.5. Our IT guy just updated my computer and seems to be working fine now.

#5 2011-06-22 09:43:36

**_janehelgesen_**

Hi - I am new user and am having very similar issues to this query i.e. inserting SWF from Capivate 5.0 into Presenter 7.0.6. not working (white screen and warning message in SWF insert pop-up).

To be honest - I am a bit confused - installed e-learning suite 2.0 about a month ago with Capivate 5.0 & Presenter 7.0.5 (just patched to 7.0.6 after reading this post - still having problem) and if Capivate 5.0 only outputs to AS3 and Presenter only works with AS2 - why sell them as a package? Sigh.

Is there anything else I could try? Thanks

#6 2011-06-22 12:05:12

**_Purnima_**

Unfortunately there is no make Captivate AS3 swf to work with Presenter which is AS2 based.

But you can try importing the slides into captivate , import swf into captivate project and then publish.

#7 2011-06-23 12:16:06

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Presenter is due have a new patch released next month that will fix this issue. So, unfortunatly, the answer is to wait for now. Or, if you don't need the presentation to be interactive, you can publish the Captivate presentation as an FLV and insert that using Presenter.

Board footer