Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-31 16:27:07

**_Holly_**

Powerpoint needs to advance automatically

I need a PowerPoint (created with Presenter) that needs to auto advance from slide 1 to slide 2. Here's what I have tried:

- In Slide Manager, Advance by User is set to "No"
- In Settings under Playback, "Autoplay on Start" is checked.

When I View Output after Publishing, slide 1 advances to slide 2 automatically. When I load the zip file into Connect and turn on "Show Presentation Bar" slide 1 plays and then the presentation stops, requiring the next button on the presentation bar to be clicked so that slide 2 can be seen.

What settings are needed so that the presentation automatically advance to slide 2 automatically?

#2 2011-05-31 21:21:18

**_catholicon_**

Re: Powerpoint needs to advance automatically

I think you have 'stop after each slide' checked in Presenter.

#3 2011-06-01 00:37:48

**_dhwalker_**

Holly,
Since you already stated that the Advance by user option is set to No, catholicon may be referring to the Pause after each animation check-box in Settings > Playback which may also cause the presentation to stop for each slide. Just check to make sure that's not the case.

#4 2011-06-01 08:17:12

**_Holly_**

Thank you for your replies. My issues still continues: In Presenter > Settings > Playback > Pause after each animation is not checked. Do you have any other suggestions?

This presentation did auto advance in Connect 7.5; it stopped working in Connect 8.0.

#5 2011-06-01 09:35:32

**_gajett_**

load the presentation into a share pod connect.  once loaded, click the 'sync' button to get the playback controls, click play, then the sync button again.  the presentation will now just play for all users.

--g--

#6 2011-06-01 09:46:58

**_Holly_**

I have loaded the presentation into a share pod in Connect and then I turn off sync (I want students to be able to start the presentation themselves). I want the presentation to auto play all 3 slides after the student clicks the play button.

#7 2011-06-06 08:56:25

**_catholicon_**

Can you share a presentation link which shows this behavior or you can mail the presentation/published zip file to 'v s a u r a b h { a t } a d o b e . c o m'

#8 2011-06-23 04:53:03

**_k9williams_**

We are having the same issue with all our content since we have upgraded to version 8. None of our presentations advance automatically, but this does not seem to consistent across all usres. Connect 8 SP1, Presenter 7.06 and Flash player 10.3.181.26.

In fact, the sidebar does not display, the auto advance does not work and video will not play on slide 1, but if you advance to slide three and go back it will then display....

#9 2011-06-23 07:54:15

**_Purnima_**

The presentation when shared in Connect meeting room doesn't advance automatically. It is assumed that Presenter would want to proceed at its own pace.

But if you want presentation to autoplay in Connect meeting room , then ,  Go to menu on top right corner of share pod and click on show presentation playbar. Once playbar is visible, click on play. Then Presentation will auto play

#10 2011-06-23 07:54:24

**_Purnima_**

To show the side panel, click on show sidebar(button on bottom panel of share pod) while presentation is shared in sharepod. If even after clicking on sidebar button , sidebar is not visible then try increasing the width of share pod.

Board footer